or Connect

Posts by Yoshua

Congrats! Word of advice. If there is an attic or even crawl space walk it or make your inspector walk it. My inspector did a great job and found 2 ducts that werent connected. My house was a new build. Would have been fun cleaning the mold from all the moisture that would have been pumped into the attic from my bathroom.
One more note. All teenagers rebell to some extent until they feel they are their own people. Step parent aside, because it has little to do with what I am about to say. In 10 years, when she is 25 she will have one of 2 stories to tell. 1-When I was 15 I hated my step mom so I put her through hell. 2- When I was 15 I put my step mom through Hell but no matter what I did she was always there for me and that is what I will remember. No matter what...
Great post Oriole Much more articulate then I could have mustered but exactly what I was trying to get across.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aja3 I have known my husband for 4 years. We have been married for a year. She was fine until we got married. Now all of a sudden I am the reason for all her problems. I do not believe my age has anything to do with this. I will give respect when I get respect. That's how it works. If she wants respect and to be treated like a "young adult" she needs to act like one. Plain and simple. I can clearly see this is not the place...
Child lead weaning is when you continue to offer and they eventually stop asking. Dont be surprised if when the baby starts eating he may decide he wants to try again. Up to you how to handle it, but so long as you are willing to offer it is child lead when they decide to stop. Least that is my perspective.
Just take a breath. When I was bidding on houses last year after the first 2 or so fell through I decided that I'd assume I wouldn't get any of the houses I bid on and let the process go through itself until I finally landed one that I wanted for a price I could accept. Took alot of the stress off me if I stopped assuming my first bid would be accepted. Or any bids at all. Good luck though.
Consider getting to know the parents better. If I was in your situation and i'd never seen visible marks showing on either child then I would assume they were spanked, and while myhousehold doesn't spank it isn't against the law. But if your kids are going to be friends with there kids there is nothing wrong with inviting the family over one night for a BBQ after introducing yourself and having a few conversations. We have a neighborhood full of kids and all...
Your husband is 100% right. you have entered into a family that the 'children' are basically old enough to be adults in the sense that this is the age where they do not need to be micro managed by parents so much as they need their parents as bouncing boards for advice. i dont know the dynamics of your husbands divorce, and you havent listed who is custodial and how much time you spend with your step children but to be honest if you try to be a disciplinarian in any...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2xy So, does that mean that my ex's current wife's income will also be taken into account when figuring how much he has to pay each month? Doubtful. I'm sorry, but the way this is worded is making it difficult for me to understand your meaning. If my spouse made loads of money and I could stay home, why would my kids be suffering? As for calling the departments....state offices here are notorious for not answering the...
Historically being Laid Off means you are fired but not because you did anythign wrong. It is because your position is no longer needed, the company is downsizing, or any other number of possibilities which means the company just can't keep you on, but not because your performance was bad. Being fired is a direct result of your actions and is usually documented as to what you did to get fired. In either case typically you lose your job, and you find another one....