or Connect

Posts by Yoshua

Quote: Originally Posted by Mary-Beth I love gift cards. Theres always someone who does
my standpoint? I don't give anything to anyone expecting anything in return. Sure a thank you is nice but I don't give something because of the thank you, I give something because I think the person would appreciate it. That is why I don't do ANY gift cards. No one appreciates a gift card, except one of my co-workers that turns all gift cards into card quilts that are really really cool. But other than that? They get tossed into a drawer or trashed when they no...
Quote: Originally Posted by chaoticzenmom These people are choosing to support their adult son. Just remember that it's not your responsibility to enable them to enable him. I wouldn't argue with them anymore. I'm glad you filed first. I hope they get into trouble for even trying. I truly cannot believe their nerve. Do they honestly think that 2 days of feeding 2 children a month entitles them to claim your children? I have my son's best friend at...
Step parent here with a baby with mom and a SS that lives with me. And as for 'knowing what you were getting into' is a bunch of tripe. PARENTS IN GENERAL DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GETTING INTO. And just because you have a child does not make you an expert at anything short of insemination, and even then it could have been luck Anyways, I hope you find a balance and I don't want to stroke any fires, but you are right. No one knows what they are getting into...
only if they plan on doing something for all of the male co workers as well. Valentines day isn't a happy go lucky christmas type event. It is intended for romance, and sending anonymous cards stopped for me in school around 6th grade.
Quote: Originally Posted by dadtastic my ex just 'informed' me that she is consulting a lawyer about our daughter being kept away from my wife permanantly. she apologized, and then said that I broke my end of the agreement by bringing a 'toxic' person into our daughters life. it just keeps getting worse... I am sorry you are going through this. I understand your wifes point of view and I think you do too though. What is going on with your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Seasons pssst - respectfully, you may not realize that the term "broken home" is considered derogatory, an insult, by many single parents (and re-partnered single parents). It implies that there is something wrong - broken - with our families, instead of the more accurate fact merely that a child's biological parents do not both live in the same house with the child. Please use "single-parented family" (or, when another adult...
Dadastic. I am glad you are still around as there is alot of great advice to be had by many of the members here. My advice is on a take it or leave it on this subject. I have a rule for myself. You can't change anyone but you. Your wife may not see anything wrong with what she is doing, and she may never see anything wrong with it. Even with counseling. I would look at the situation with that perspective and do what is best for your daughter. There is no...
congrats, and 4 years old is agreat age to bring in another child. They are old enough to want to help out and are big enough to actually do some of the helping. congrats
too accusatory. He seems to be coming to you in good will and when I read your response I read it like I was him. I felt attacked without questions. Even though I did see underlying questions I felt more attacked. I would re word it personally starting with answering his questions, bringing up the behaviors that have been worrying you and then asking him what his thoughts on them are and letting him either connect the dots or you two together over coffee do...