or Connect

Posts by macca

Quote: Originally Posted by janasmama I know, I love that babies count in the carpool lane....all the sign says is '2 or more people' and I don't know anyone who can argue with me that my baby is not a person. I think the point is, driving with a baby isn't reducing traffic congestion or helping the environment. But of course, if the sign says two or more people, that's two or more PEOPLE. Not "commuters". Wasn't there an issue a few years...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Calla~ A few months back , I had a thread about a woman I saw with not one, but 2, yes 2, Baby on Board stickers on her car. She was smoking in the car, with the window open about one inch. Cute.: I've never had a baby on board sign. I think people just have them because they're cute. I don't know that they really have a purpose.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna To me good does not = compliant. I personally don't want a compliant child and I'd never raise one to just do what they are told no questions asked. Talk about a set up for abusive relationships. MIL seems to have a hard time understanding this concept. She's always asking when we're going to expect more "obedience" from DD.
3 has been the most difficult age so far. I thought I was lucky to miss the so-called Terrible Twos, but DD has made up for it in a big way
I don't mind soft drinks on special occasions
Quote: Originally Posted by maliceinwonderland : also. My mil usually only stays for an hour tops when she comes to visit, and I get compliments pretty much every time we go out on how well behaved my kids are. Some people are just past the "kid" point in life, and others just don't have that much interest if the kids aren't theirs. A wise saying comes to mind.. "Children are like farts, you can only stand your own" And even THAT'S...
My parents love my kids, but only in small doses. They're not exactly the type begging to spend more time with the grandchildren ... that's okay, I've never been an obsessive "kid" person either. I love my own, obviously, but I've never been the type to get excited about young relatives or anything. I'm just not good in the playful sense.
Quote: Originally Posted by SevenVeils Libraries and bookstores upset my stomach. If I, in actuality, ever pooped or farted (we call them 'squeaks' around here, to save toddler induced embarrassment), perhaps they would give me one of those urges. Also some, but not all, thrift stores. OMG I could've written this. Bookstores, particularly secondhand bookstores will be the end of me. And I'm pretty bad at thrift stores too, especially if...
Quote: Originally Posted by starshine1001 Can someone please explain why farts are so funny, especially when they're loud and stinky? A little one is easy to ignore, but a big bang always sends me into fits of laughter, even more so if it sends people running for the nearest exit or rolling the windows down frantically. Why is this? I'm an adult. I should be able to ignore it and move on. But NO, I giggle like a kid. How perplexing... ...and...
Quote: Originally Posted by North_Of_60 I'm a crop duster, so I fart on the move, that way several isles get the stink, and no one is sure what direction it came from. If I stand in one spot reading labels while I crack one off, I may as well wear a sign on my shirt that says "yeah, that green cloud is what you think it is". Crop dusting is totally my MO. Amen to THAT!!! Has anyone noticed, for the record, that certain stores make you need...