or Connect

Posts by Zillabaubles

My daughter got her prevnar and a hib at her 18thish month visit, within a couple of months she was deathly ill with an s. pneumo bacterial illness. Hilary helped me to connect the dots. IMHO had Morgan not gotten those two vaccines together, she wouldn't have almost died due to the infection she got. There is substantial proof that when you give the Hib vax that it increases the risks of getting s. pneumo. We are proof of that. Thankfully, our daughter is still alive.
I'm only on the first page, but after a bit of an issue in the break room at the surgery center that I work with, with an RN who swore up and down that measles is life threatening, I gave up and let it go. I did some quick referencing via Just a Little Prick, 1 Prick to Another and the Vaccine Safety Manual....and as far as I could see, even via the CDC's site that measles wasn't all that of a big deal. I am happy to see this thread, as I came here tonight to ask the...
Quote: Originally Posted by brendaziz According to the local news there have been a whopping 5 cases of measles in the area- and they listed possible exposure sites- "Virginia Exposure Sites Sunday, April 5 Saigon Saigon Restaurant (Pentagon Row), 1101 S. Joyce Street 7 p.m. - 11 p.m. Harris Teeter (Pentagon Row), 900 Army Navy Drive 9 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. People who were at any of these locations on these dates and during the specified time may have...
Woohoo! I thought that was you in the vax forum. Glad to see you here darlin'
I had a big case of regretting Morgan's vax status, but I quickly got over that once these amazing women helped to educate me about the disease that Morgan had and to ask the right questions, like 'what serotype' did she have. Once I was able to get that information , which btw was not an easy task, I realized that we made the right choice for her. Sadly, my boys are fully vaccinated and I do regret that. hth
Quote: Originally Posted by CanidFL I'm so glad your ped is listening to you. I hope your daughter is feeling better. Me too, she is a great doctor. Morgan is on the mend, getting better and meaner by the day. LOL
Quote: Originally Posted by 13Sandals they put you in isolation for whooping cough? too bad they don't know that the vaccine doesn't prevent transmission of the pertussis bacteria. Maybe they should put everyone who comes in with a cough in isolation. what bs. hope your daughter is feeling better!!! Every single time she's been admitted we always get on isolation until the test comes back negative. Just about everyone there ends up on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gitti Always blame what the mother did or didn't do first. That is an easy way out. Guilt! So now the ped has changed his mind about Prevnar? No, I bet not. And no remorse for blaming you? No apologies? I hope your dd is recovering from this infection. Poor baby. Here is an article you might want to send on to the ped - We are getting quite used to being blamed here sadly. Morgan's latest hospital visit,...
It was suggested by a poster here to find out which serotype of s.Pneumoccal bacteria my daughter was sick with this past December in response to our ped telling me that 'if she'd had the Prevnar vax that she wouldn't have gotten sick and that she hadn't seen a case of her vax'd patients with this infection.' These are the serotypes that she had...only 4 of them are covered in the Prevnar vaccination. Her ped now says that the Prevnar shot wouldn't have helped her with...
Quote: Originally Posted by preemiemamarach My son has an as-yet unspecificed primary immunodeficiency- he's 7.5 months. I had his immunoglobulin testing done when he was around 5.5 months. We moved, and I will be getting more specific testing done wiht a new immuno soon (he had low IgG, low IgA and high IgM). I'm playing a waiting game to get him in with this new hospital, so I called to find out if they can give me accurate info on breastfeeding and...