or Connect

Posts by 2 in August

Congrats on the new baby!
I can't figure out knitting. Crochet I've taught myself watching videos and reading online.
I am completely shocked at how you and Toly were treated. That is horrible and totally uncalled for. You letter was wonderful and should have given anyone a huge head start in getting to know you and your ds. There is good help out there, please don't give up looking for it because of this person. ITA with pikkumyy.
Not knowing is hard. I hope you get an answer somehow.
I think you're right to take her to the follow up evals. Like others have said there is no harm in having another opinion and getting help if she needs it. I agree that they might have skewed the reports a little to justify more help. I had my ds eval'd at just over 1yo (Dec) because he wasn't talking and then he was still within normal limits, but they said to wait a few months and if he hadn't made any big gains to call and they'd re-eval him. They came back in May...
I do homeschool because neither of my kids would qualify for the type of school you are talking about. If one of my kids did though, I would seriously consider it. I've worked in/with 2 schools like that and they are awesome places! I totally agree with the pps who talked about how much the people there really enjoy being with the kids. The schools I worked in/with were like big families. Sometimes the teachers would babysit the kids after school so the parents could...
I haven't been in your exact situation. But both my kids have been tricky sleepers. One book that really helped me is Sleepless in America I've read tons of sleep books that never helped and this one is the absolute best and I could tell a difference right away because she said things that no other book had and that I hadn't thought of.
My 7yo is still harnessed in a Nautilus. She's only about 45lbs, so she'll be harnessed for a long time. Quote: mamatotwo My 6.5 and 4.5 yr olds are still in the Radian 5 pt harness. My 6.5 yo dd has been complaining though... Dd started to ask why she needed a harness when many of her friends and their younger siblings are all in boosters. So we talked about how race car drivers (my brother used to work on a race team) wear harnesses and then...
I've made 3 crochetted rag rugs, a shrug, a sweater (almost, it's too big though), a scarf & purse (to give instead of the sweater since I don't have time to frog it and start over), lots of reusable shopping bags. Bike inner tube pen holders for my dad and brother. Need to finish, dd's crochetted wrap, a pillow that was attempt #1 for a wrap but ended up being too big and heavy so I'm turning it into a pillow for her bed so she can lean up against the wall and...
My dd is 7 and still has a horrible time with her room. She's got an anxiety disorder and I think spd too. Her room's been a terrible mess for over a year. I have tried 3 or 4 times to send both kids to grandmas and spend the day cleaning it. Within 2 days its horrible all over. And now Christmas is next week and she'll get even more. I've got a 2yo too who's into everything. I can barely keep my head above water in the main family areas let alone clean her room for...