or Connect

Posts by Dido

Quote: Originally Posted by Emily's Mama I was just browsing around on the net and came across an article about the risks of an amnio...I was shocked to read the risk of spontaneous miscarriage is 0.5-1%, similar to most published rates of uterine rupture. However, the risk of infant death is far less than 0.5-1% of course. I cannot believe how many doctors support and encourage an amnio to give patients "peace of mind", but discourage a VBAC!!! I feel...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna I have yet to read of a case of placenta previa that presented with NO bleeding by labor. -Angela I had complete placenta previa and I never bled. Any review of the medical literature on previa will quickly reveal that while asymptomatic previa is less common, it still occurs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kylahroo I would certainly hope that anyone reading anything online would take it as one person's point of view based on one person's experience only. To use it as a starting point for doing their own research and making their own personal decision. I'm not going to stop providing people with my experience when that is what they're asking for. What I took issue with was not your account of your experience but rather...
Quote: Originally Posted by CNutty Hey, you know its wonderful that you are coming and offering you opinion and personal experience, but to be so dismissive and condisending of someone elses opinion is not nessecary. We obviously just have 2 educated, yet differing opinons on the subject, Im sure the OP is greatful for all perspectives. You're incorrect, we do not have two different opinions here. We have the FACT that not all previas present...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kylahroo Personally, a low-lying placenta at this point wouldn't concern me at all and I personally wouldn't even follow up with a future U/S. For someone who has a true previa, it will become obvious in later pregnancy as they'll start to bleed. This is a very common misconception. Most women with placenta previa will bleed, yes, but a significant minority will not. I had complete placenta previa and I never bled...
Quote: Originally Posted by cubasianchica thanks so much all. Im worried but not worried..does that make scence? lol! anyway they will check the position at my next appointment wich is 2/1. Ill be 31 weeks and 2 days by then. my dr says they will continue to check up until 39 weeks. if by 39 it has not moved then she said it probably wont but she is not worried yet. ill keep u posted Standard procedure would be to schedule a c/s for a previa...
Quote: Originally Posted by attachedmamaof3 Probably nothing to worry about and honestly is one of the reasons I don't do U/S at all....just another "issue" perpetuated by the medical community that in at least 90% of the cases is a non-issue after all..."whoops!". *sigh* And what about the cases for which it is an issue? Those women don't matter simply because they're not the majority? The 20 week u/s that detected my previa may well have...
Milkmommie - so sorry you are dealing with this. A lot of the questions you are asking have been discussed on this thread. Take a deep breath and go back to the beginning.... Dandecobb - congrats on the great improvement in levels! CounterGOPI - thanks for the M&D info. I looked at all the threads you linked. As far as hard evidence, so far we have a link to the TV station, but no news report as yet, and we have a European recall of one toy from 2006. That's...
Quote: Originally Posted by provocativa brklyn mama, there are other physicians than just the allopathic doctors. different ones like different tests, because the level of contaminants being excreted tells them something else about how the body is handling the lead, not just the blood lead level. i have read extensively about hair testing, but don't have the money. the most frustrating thing to me about the blood lead level was wondering where else...
Quote: Originally Posted by chioma brkylnmomma, thanks for the reply. we were actually talking to an attorney from legal aid, as we have no money for a private attorney. she told me to take anything he offered, but don't sign away any rights, as our house wasn't condemned, and the landlord had never produced a written lease, which he promised my dh he would do as soon as he received the deposit. the HD is sitting on the fence, they are the ones who...