or Connect

Posts by kldliam

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Portla...Family_Living/
bump
oh believe you me, it doesn't end with your last girl. I sure wish it did! Each of your girls may have babies someday. Guess what? YOU get to educate each of them....because if you don't, society will beat you to it! Mark my words. : This is you and society by the way. LOL. Great news, and thanks for posting!
Quote: tennisdude23: Seriously, stop worrying. Nobody is going to try and circumcise your son unless they specific permission from you do so. You did not give that permission. If you want to be safe, double check with the staff that you are not planning to circumcise. Again though, stop worrying. There's a nicer way to phrase "stop worrying". For example: "I'm sure everything will be ok, I understand your concerns though..." I never liked that...
Quote: Bmcneal: I am a 22 year old mama to a 3 year old DD and expecting a new LO, a boy, any day now. (EDD 12/28)............ Beth, you sound like a very wise young woman. I have great admiration for your better instincts and thoughtful research. I wanted to wish you great happiness and joy on the pending birth of your son. What a treasure he has in you! Please check back in here and let us know how the hospital staff reacts to your decision. I'd...
I applaud your efforts Rikki. I know it hurts. i know how it feels. But you were the only one who tried to protect that baby. You deserve a medal as far as I am concerned!! Keep on fighting, there's another baby boy out there who needs your voice and good judgement.
Quote: What brought circumcision to your awareness? The birth of my son (my first child). I knew there was some sort of 'choice' to be made. I did ZERO research and made the decision solely based on my gut feelings. After the birth I began to reflect on the decision more and more and then discovered this whole "pro-male-body" online community. It felt good to know that my gut was right all along. Quote: Why are you active on this...
Quote: kate3: I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, especially the white coat part?? Be sure to talk with your provider prior to delivery and let him/her know your wishes. You may be asked again in the hospital. This isn't because the staff wants to do circumcisions, it's because they have to be scheduled, and this involves staffing issues. Believe me, the staff will be very happy when you say no. lol. sounds like I hit a nerve....let me guess...
http://www.nocirc.org/publish/4pam.pdf http://www.nocirc.org/publish/6pam.pdf These 2 short publications from NOCIRC should put you at ease. Just a soak is all he needs. Cleaning underneath the foreskin should not be a concern until after he has gone through the 'separation process'. Ballooning will be a sign of that. It's a nifty little milestone for an intact boy. lol. After that happens he should be instructed to retract and rinse with water. No biggy.
The BEST BET, is to NEVER let your kid out of sight. Creepy people are everywhere! In the L&D ward they just happen to wear white coats and try to sell you that nifty product called "cirk'em"-cision. Try to have your husband follow baby EVERYWHERE and make sure that you room-in with your son. They also sell "no-circ" baby T's. They are sooooo cute! There's lots of them to pick from. You can make some colorful signs too and have your husband tape them on the little guy's...