or Connect

Posts by abandbunk

No, sorry, misinformation, i would end up not seeing them for three months most likely,(and i do realize i did write six), which would be the same amount of time i will end up being w/o them after this year when they visit their father for summers. We are filing for a dissolution and seeing a mediator, and it is my understanding (although this is all brand new to me and i could certainly be wrong) that if we are agreeing on the terms of our divorce the judge will agree...
Hi, boy, i hardly know where to begin, so i will just put the main points up and if anyone has any ?'s they can ask... My husband and I (we have been together 13 yrs. married 7) are getting a divorce, i have homeschooled my children (ages 5 and 7) and been a stay at home mother most of those years. I am moving to california, and trying to figure out joint custody (we now live in alaska). My husband is upset at the idea of my moving to california (understandably) and i...
Ok, got the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded and restarted... Got the fridge cleaned out (YAY!) Swept kitchen Cleaned counters and stove Making a snack for the kids, then i'm going to tackle the laundry...
I'm in! I'll b back
haha, ok nix the vacuuming, not going to happen, not by four anyway, but i am doing awesome on waaaayyyyy too much clean laundry to fold/hang/put away, it is disgusting there was/is that much to do but alas, that is just the way it is, so getting that totally done will feel really good, plus i am pulling out ripped/stained/too big/toosmall clothes etc. so yay for decluttering!
i'm in! i got the kid's room totally decluttered and cleaned yesterday aside from vacuuming and washing thier windows.... anyway! today... i think i will get started w/the laundry and my room...and vacuum the whole house before four oclock, that gives me almost three hours! i will come back here every half hour or so to keep motivated good luck everyone!!!!
Juneau! : Course i'm a little biased (born and raised here) but we love it here.
my kiddo never had any juice until he was about 1 1/2 yrs old and he got a cold, well, i mistakenly gave him diluted juice (hoping to increase his fluid consuption for his cold) and anyway, he became addicted right away, it was terrible! So i cold turkeyed him lol, and it worked, he didn't drink much that first day or two but then he was back to drinking water fine, and plenty of it. He can now have a little diluted juice when he is sick and not protest too much when he is...
Quote: Originally Posted by beanma I also agree that it's age appropriate. I would try to distance the discussion from the immediate family and maybe focus on those Egyptians or great-great-great-great grandparents or squooshed bugs or a friend's pet. I have a very sensitive kid and she often is able to absorb ideas better if she doesn't have to face them head-on. If she can kind of warm up to the idea by thinking about a big concept like death in terms...
Quote: Originally Posted by sadie_sabot oh and we talk about death being part of the cycle of life. natural and normal. That is a good point, a very good point. Because of course, it is. Yesterday we talked about bugs and plants etc. all dying, that that is just the way of things, but i like the idea of tieing it into the whole cycle of things.... Thank you.