or Connect

Posts by blackberrymama

I've been bringing my 7 month old son to work with me since I returned from maternity leave. I work in a small, three-person office so we've never had anything other than an informal verbal agreement that it was fine for me to do this and to change my schedule as necessary to make it work. However, we are undergoing significant changes and my boss wants to formalize our agreement so that there's no chance anyone can take this away with me without a fight. Does anyone who...
I'm sure this has been mentioned, but one thing I love about being a single mama is how every decision is new. I get to reexamine every decision I ever make and ask whether it's really what *I* want or if it's what I thought I should do to make my ex happy. Making decisions for myself, even ones as small as what kind of breakfast cereal to buy, feels so sweet. I also like how I feel like I have so much more time for myself and for my my boys now that I'm not also trying...
My partner and are in the process of separating and I am having such a hard time. He's the one leaving me and despite his claims to still love me and to want us to be together "when we are ready," and despite my endless efforts to try to address our problems and convince him to give our little family one last try, he is convinced that we have irreconcilable differences. I am pretty much alone, without friends or family in the area (devoted everything to my little family)...
I was due on March 19th and Eden Phyre made his appearance on March 27th. I'm a bit late with posting the birth story, but better late than never, eh? Five days with ruptured membranes, tried for a VBAC that didn't happen (or wasn't allowed to happen), here's the whole story for anyone who's interested: http://blog.anotherrainyday.net/arch...87601585277867
It's perhaps a little late to update this thread now, but I just wanted to follow up and post my birth story. Sadly, I didn't get my VBAC, although not because I didn't try. If anyone's interested in reading, here's the whole story: http://blog.anotherrainyday.net/arch...87601585277867
We are planning a hospital birth but are going to labor at a hotel until the last minute since technically the hospital doesn't allow VBACs. We definitely would have preferred to stay home (instead of driving an hour to a hospital that won't be happy to see us) but unfortunately we had no luck finding a midwife in our area. After three hours of walking around our local mall, my contractions are still as light and irregular as they were this morning, and I can't deny...
I'm relatively new here and haven't yet had the chance to post too much, but I just wanted to share that my water broke a few hours ago and I'm having contractions. I'm trying for a VBAC and my water breaking was what led me down the path of having an initial cesarean before, so I must say that I'm a little worried, but this time I'm at 40w3d instead of 38w5d and I'm actually having contractions! It's so exciting to have proof that yes, despite helpful OB comments to the...
I also agree with talking to your local ICAN chapter and watching out for OBs who position themselves as supportive until the end when they suddenly change. I've found that for myself, while I found a team of providers who claim to be supportive of VBACs, what "supportive" means is very different to each of them (especially as we get close to the actual event) and that ultimately I've found it to be in my best interest to assume that they aren't going to be terribly...
Congratulations!! Welcome to the world little Ivy.
As much as I do love my job (I work 4 hours a day for an environmental nonprofit), like G&BsMama, I also miss being able to connect IRL with other mamas. There are playgroups in my area and they almost always occur during my work hours and I feel bad making everyone change just for me. In my community most mamas, especially the ones with younger kids, stay at home and sometimes it feels hard to connect even when our schedules do mesh.