or Connect

Posts by AutumnW

Hey everyone! I remember finding a really cool math website on here a couple years ago where you sign up and then the child is assessed to see where they are and their games are tailored to their skill level.  The games for preschool were abacus counting, shapes, patterns and simple addition all in a game format where you could pick which "land" you were in.  I remember a gnome land? lol.  Anyway, I'm trying to find this site again and searching on here and on google...
You're doing great offering your right breast.  Keep offering the right breast first and then when she gets frustrated switch her to the left and pump the right so that you signal to your breast to make more.  Try not to pump your left breast and if you have to just pump enough to be comfortable but not empty it.  Instead of pumping you could try cold cabbage leaves inside your bra on that side which will sooth as well as draw out excess milk.  Just switch them out as...
Do you think that it could be thrush manifesting in a different way than it did the first time?  Based just on the description that is what it sounds like to me.  Especially if her latch was fine and things were getting better and then this pain and cracking came along all of a sudden.  If I were you I would go on a rampage to eliminate any yeast like boiling breastpads, bras, pump parts and any nipples that baby uses along with a law sugar diet with added plain yogurt...
This really depends on what your goals are.  I completely understand the need to rest after a c-section and it is wonderful that your husband was willing to give you that rest.    If your goal is to exclusively breastfeed, now that you are healed you should think about taking up the night feeding again.  If you give your breasts a long break it tells them that you don't need them to make as much milk and your supply will never grow and may eventually slow down enough...
I'm in Indianapolis and what I have learned is that just because we live in a big city doesn't mean that you will find exactly what you are looking for in your area.  We live on the east side and drive about 45 minutes south to bargersville to our ped because we tried several here in the city and I was annoyed by all of them and their robotic answers.  We then got a recommendation from a local ap mama and tried out our current practice and loved them.
Although I've met Marisol I've never worked with her so I can't really answer your questions.  She attends meetings of the indiana homebirth support group so you could meet her there along with other homebirth mamas.   If you want to find more homebirth midwives you could contact the Indiana Midwives Association and have them give you the information for some in your area.  There are many midwives around Indiana but most of them do not advertise so it is hard to find...
Maybe cover them and then rinse them as you use them?  Idk   I like your blog though, lol
I have tried every imaginable natural remedy for fleas and battled with them for years.  I don't use any chemicals in my home and even make my own soap but I eventually set off a couple of bombs in our basement about three years ago and have not had any fleas since.  We set them off and immediately left for a few hours and then stopped back by to open windows and left again.  I mopped, wiped down exposed surfaces with vinegar water and made sure that all our piles of...
The only midwife I know of is Penny Lane CNM.  She still charges a large cash fee to cover the cost of her assistant which is not covered by medicaid.  All of the CPMs that I know in the area have sliding scales and will barter so you should contact the indiana midwives association to get contact information for some near you and talk to them.