or Connect

Posts by LolaK

trying to remember when my daughter was 2... I think at that age I would do a little less talking and a little more acting. More shadowing (yes this is really hard work) and interception with words like "I will not let you hit her, hitting hurts" and "I will not let you tease her (or whatever word you want to use) it makes her cry." My daughter used to hit a lot when kids grabbed her toys, or tried to grab her toys. I found that shadowing her was the only option...
Quote: Originally Posted by Oriole P.S. I really do believe kids recognize when other kids act spoiled. At what age do you think they start to realize things like this about other kids? Not just other kids being spoiled but friends being mean to them, etc??
Quote: Originally Posted by Woodland B.O.B revolution duallie. best stroller ever I tried one today at the store and the only thing is that my daughter is basically too tall for it already! I guess it is still my best option since I am really going to run but I am pretty disappointed about the height thing.
My first daughter has my gramndmother's name as her middle name so this next daughter's middle name has been a bit of a problem. There isn't really anyone else I want to name her after who also has a name we like. So my first daughter has a middle name that is full of meaning and my second daughter has a middle name that we just "kind of liked?" We currently are considering: Sadie Aurora Sadie Kathryn Last name starts St. Problem - I am Kathryn and I have...
I think if I get a double stroller I want one that: - Has a swivel/locking front wheel. I want to be able to walk and run with the stroller and I cannot walk without the swivel. - I do run a lot so it has to be comfy (good suspension) for the kids while running. - Independent recline for each child and enough recline to use with an infant. - Nice colors (no black, I want it to be kind of pretty since it is the last stroller I will ever buy) - High weight...
Quote: Originally Posted by Klynne She's so excited that we're having a baby. I can't wait to let her hold and cuddle with it! My daughter is a million more times excited then I am actually. I hope she stays so happy about the new baby after it comes out.
My inlaws actually tried to claim that my husband asked them to take our 3.5 year old during the birth. Um, no thank you, we are having a home birth and we both want her to be there. She also wants to be there and knows there will be blood (she "will hold the baby after you wipe off the blood") and funny noises and she is fine with it. I have a backup person of course but I doubt she will be needed. I also think that sending your toddler away during your birth sends...
We will be tandeming but my daughter is down to twice a day right now and I have told her that she isn't going to get to nurse more when the baby comes. She nurses first thing in the morning and I nurse her to sleep and that is good for me and good for her. She cut back to twice a day on her own and then I made it the rule and it has worked to keep me sane while pregnant - my nipples have killed the entire pregnancy when she nursed. I think it will be funny when she...
If my infant seat will fit on the side with my Britax in the middle that is how I will do it. My daughter is ff so I would want her to stay in the middle if possible. She is 3.5 and already massively in love so I am not worried about her poking the baby. If that doesn't work my toddler will go behind the driver's seat ff (slightly safer) and the infant seat will go behind the passenger seat.
I think the book is not worth it since the sleep info can be found in so many other books that have better info about sleep and actual respect for babies rather then the caution that they will start getting bad habits from the outset. The whole "don't hold the baby too much or they will want to be held all the time" stuff really irritates me. Also, she is totally against nursing to sleep which I think is the best thing in the universe so.... The only thing I got out...