or Connect

Posts by LolaK

My daughter has been doing this since Sunday. Unfortunately I am pregnant and while we are still "nursing" I have no milk. The foods you mentioned are great for upset tummies. Try to keep liquids to sips not guzzling whole cups of water and offer food a couple hours after they have thrown up, might have a better chance of keeping it down.
Maybe the lanolin repelled too much and caused the liquid to roll off and under the pad?
Could you find that info? Also does all latex not have those chemicals or just natural latex? For instance the tempur pedics and mattresses like that, once they finish their initial off gassing.....
Quote: Originally Posted by MilkTrance I will try... it's hard 'cause we have been out a lot, to play groups and to friends' houses, swimming, etc., but tomorrow I want to take 'er easy and nap. Honestly it sounds like you need to take a week off and stay home to focus on nursing (depending on how strongly you feel about your two year goal). Of course he isn't nursing a lot during the day with all this going on! I wouldn't want to miss all the...
Well I also have a three year old and I have a book suggestion for you - Easy to Love Difficult to Discipline. I have felt periods of burnout and they usually coincided with a developmental turn in my daughter that I wasn't sure how to deal with. As soon as the new behaviors get ironed out and I understand how to change my behavior to deal with hers, I love being a SAHM again.
Do you have any mom friends? At that point in my daughter's life I was much more focused on finding some other moms to hang out with then worrying about a routine since I knew no one with a baby. Once you have some people to do things with a routine will develop helped by your motivation to get out of the house and do things.
Quote: Originally Posted by ~*~MamaJava~*~ They generally check your immunity against fifth disease in routine bloodwork, I think. No, they don't in the US.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jörð I heard recently that the risk was more from high fever that comes with it than anything else. That may be completely untrue... I can't remember where I heard that. Unfortunatly that isn't true for fifths, don't know about roseola. Everyone I know was exposed two months ago and I got the blood test - wasn't immune so I quarantined myself. The blood test took about 48 hours. My OB basically said that if my...
I think there is some truth to the concept (pregnancy and birth being similar within family) but you don't know who you will take after. For instance I take after the women on my father's side of the family, my paternal grandmother and aunt. My pregnancy and birth was nothing like my mom's at all, in any way. So you might take after some great aunt or something.
Hmmm, I think I need a black wrap dress, where did you get it? I have a couple above the knee "dresses" from places like Target and I love them for maternity tops.