or Connect

Posts by LolaK

I went to a Cesar Milan lecture today - he is the "Dog Whisperer" who trains Oprah and her dogs - and got a great tidbit I thought I would share. At the start of the lecture there was a talk by a holistic vet from Colorado about nutrition. He mentioned that some in the phsyciatric community are begining to think that the rise in violence amoung children and teenagers is due to the fact that so many of them were fed formula instead of breastmilk. They believe that...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom2e Do you have any suggestions for how to get dd used to sometimes not nursing to sleep? She is very much a creature of habit, and I don't mind nursing her to sleep every night but dh and I would really like to go out for an evening when my parents will be here in a few weeks, and I don't want dd to be too upset over a break in her routine. (Sorry to change the topic a bit!) Other than wanting a night out there...
I have a baby and I still feel lazy and bored some days. Not because I don't have stuff to do but I am so exhausted (mentally and physically) that it is hard to motivate to start things and then I feel lazy because I haven't gotten things done that I wanted to accomplish.
Quote: Originally Posted by aentwood Now he really shows interest when I am eating, but of course he doesn't want the soupy sweet potato I give him, he wants my turkey chili! I know you said that you are worried about allergies so this might not apply to you, but if my daughter was fussing for my "turkey chili" (or whatever I was eating) I let her have a taste. If she didn't like it she didn't eat more, if she liked it, she ate more. My...
Valco and Bugaboo both make bassinett strollers - pricey though, don't know your budget.
I totally agree with all other posters. Your ped is CRAZY and you do need to look for a new one becuase his/her advice will only get worse. I also wanted to adress something that I don't think was touched on by others. You said you would like baby to go to bed earlier then you so that you can have time with your husband. That doesn't really start happening until maybe 6 months, before then baby pretty much goes to bed when you do. Obviously every baby is different...
I don't know about waiting until 1 year, my daughter was trying to grab food from my plate at 4 months but we made her wait until around 7 months. Just wanted to post a great article - you are so right about the cereal! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9646449/
Quote: Originally Posted by Dar Why be child-centered? I think child-centered leads to children who think the world revolves around their desires, which to me is not a good thing or a healthy thing. Family-centered, maybe. Focused on meeting everyone's needs. Not centered around a child... dar : check out this link: http://www.continuum-concept.org/
I think NOT reacting to your baby's first signs that he needs you is exactly what creates a child who uses tantrums to get what they want. If you teach your child that you won't pay attention unless they are screaming and crying, then they will eventually scream and cry to get your attention. If you teach them that you will pay attention to their needs when they whisper, then they will whisper. First of all a 5 month old is way to young to manipulate you. They cannot...
I can't speak to the weaning, etc. but something you said struck a cord with me. Whenever I REALLY WANT my daughter to nap because I need a break, or am doing something later and want her to be rested, she seems to skip a nap. I was talking to my husband about it a while ago and he basically said "duh, same thing happens when you are putting her to bed at night." Apparently his theory is that I get stressed and don't relax properly when I NEED her to go to sleep. ...