or Connect

Posts by MommaSuzi

removed
Partial/delayed vaccinator here. I've considered MMR getting before elementary school or travel to endemic area (whichever comes first). I myself thought I wouldn't consider doing it before age 3, but still didn't feel comfortable at that age so DD is almost 4 and hasn't had it. Mind still isn't made up.
When my DD turned one I tried to introduce cow's milk. She hated it. So I tried goat's milk, she disliked it (not quite as vehemently as cow, but still wouldn't drink much). I tried almond, hemp, then coconut... I was stressed because I wasn't able to pump as much as she would drink of breastmilk while I was at work. She started just eating more during the day, and nursed in the evening/night. Eventually I just relaxed. At almost 4, she still doesn't drink milk...
Mine didn't care for bottles much either, and with daycare they couldn't re-use a bottle once they had tried for a bit to get her to take one. So we went to a process of sending about 6 separate 1.5- 2 ounce Avent bottles to get her through the day. She never took more than a couple ounces at a time from a bottle, and then just made up for it all when I got home. We spent hours nursing in the evenings and she stopped sleeping through the night so she could nurse more at...
In my experience, introducing solids didn't seem to lower my milk supply. My DD still nursed first thing when I got home for months and months (and many times throughout the evening- she was a "snacker") after introducing solids around 6 months. I can't imagine a few peas would have had such an immediate effect on supply. Any chance there were any other factors involved?
My DD (almost 4) has 2 Waldorf dolls, one of which I spent hours upon hours sewing for her 2nd birthday. She also has a few Madame Alexander plastic head dolls, and the Fisher Price twins which friends gave her for her first Christmas. The ONLY dolls that are EVER carted around, played with, truly loved, are the Fisher Price twins. She adores them. She doesn't like that the Waldorf dolls have hair that "tickles" her. She is only now beginning to show the slightest...
I'm planning my first trip since I was 5. Epcot didn't even exist then so I know it's going to be amazingly different than I remember. We stayed in the treehouses and my greatest memory is the spiral staircase in it, and the peacocks running around! We're thinking of staying at the Polynesian, with the deluxe dining plan, because basically we're foodies and want to spend a lot of time at a nice destination resort and can't imagine the appeal of spending 12 hours a day or...
Hey there- I have a question for you all. Where exactly can one buy long denim skirts? I search and I search and cannot find them, except online. I am a bit of a funny shape so online clothing shopping is really a gamble I can't afford. But I know women have been wearing them since long before the internet existed. Oh, I've also seen them at thrift stores, and have some denim jumpers from there but the selection is limited and I really just want to be able to go to a...
we even have montessori high school in our area. The programs change considerable as the kids age. Most of the late elementary / middle school programs I know of spend the last year of their program doing things to help make the transition smoother (introducing textbook work, etc.)
I would think that the only people who might be uncomfortable in our UU church are the fire and brimstone type of Christians! We seem to be pretty inclusive of just about every type of religious tradition/ leaning EXCEPT the fire and brimstone variety. Ours seems to have a strong Pagan group- I have been desperate to attend some of their functions, but somewhat intimidated about jumping in.