or Connect

Posts by Wolfcat

Yay!   We got our taxes in, a little early, and I plugged the numbers into my budget spread sheet. Not only does the money last us until SEPTEMBER , but it also allows us to still go on our one vacation for the year (a camping trip, hopefully without kids).   We are still hoping that DF gets one of the promotions he is going for. We did a spell  to draw people's attention to how hard he works and how skilled he is. Less then a week later, he got a promotion of sorts...
Tonight is Garlic Bread Pizzas: leftover homemade bread (two partial loaves), leftover pasta sauce from making lasagna and pizzas the other day, and the last bit of mozzarella. Spread the bread with butter, sprinkle with garlic powder, bake at 450 for about 10 minutes to crisp up the bread. Add a spoonful of pasta sauce to each piece, top with mozzarella. It's a really easy supper and the kids love it. Since we eat so much variety throughout the week, I don't worry too...
We have the main checking account, into which all paychecks are deposited. This account covers all of our non-cash expenses. Most of the bills are autopay from this account. I also have 6 savings accounts through ally.com. I do regular deposits into most of those accounts: EF, Travel, Home Improvement, Business #1, Business #2. The deposits are set up ahead of time and amount to $10-50 each month. The last one is called Income Distribution. Whenever we get a large amount...
Ok, so DH isn't actually an "H", legally speaking. We've been together for 5+ years and raise our children, etc. We call each other hubby and wife so as to not confuse people as to the extent of our relationship. In addition, we've never really felt the NEED to get married, if that makes sense. The other day, I was really low, depressed and anxious about the way things had been going lately. I was feeling unloved by everyone in my life and feeling really worthless as a...
We smudge using a sage wand with a general cleaning intent. This area, combined with my personal "home" energy, keeps nearly all nasty things out, so we use smudging as an energetic dusting and cleaning of the vacuum cleaner... lol Ok, so DH isn't actually an "H", legally speaking. We've been together for 5+ years and raise our children, etc. We call each other hubby and wife so as to not confuse people as to the extent of our relationship. In addition, we've never really...
1 hanger 1 bag of misc. trash from the floor (aprox. 20 items) 3 sheets of paper fully used up into recycling     24/2014
Key: No spend - Budgeted spending - Necessary unbudgeted spending - Unneccessary unbudgeted spending - Spending that was fiscally harmful -   1:  - had to get equipment for Xmas gifts not included with the gift 2:  - we eat out weekly at a friend's coffee shop, partially to support her and partially cuz the food is great and we get to spend time together 3:  - grocery shopping day 4:  5:  6:  - had a bad day and ordered pizza instead of...
7 yo DS empties the dishwasher with 3 yo DD's "help". We do the sharp knives and stuff that they can't reach. If DS isn't home, DH empties the dishwasher. If it's just me and DD, I do it. I usually load the dishwasher, but only cuz I'm picky and I have others unload it. Sometimes DH loads the dishwasher. DH and I scrub out the cast iron (whoever gets to it first), and DH will actually wash dishes by hand if he sees it necessary. I never see it necessary
Greetings and happy new years!   I am a mama of two with DH. I was laid off last May and I have been on unemployment until the middle of December. I bake bread and pretzels for a local coffee shop and work a couple hours a week there, then spend my days baking, cooking, writing, and taking care of my youngest, DD. DS is in school and goes to an afterschool program that costs $40/mo. Since he loves it and it makes it easier for me to get things done, we are planning on...
I've already gone through most of the books for giveaway, so that box is ready to go. I also have a bunch more. I was going to list them on amazon, but that is so slow that I think I'll just give them to the local goodwill. I'm also already collecting clothes that the kids have outgrown and that the adults have either worn too much or we just don't wear. I have a box of books that I'm saving to send to my brother in prison - mainstream fiction, writing technique and...