or Connect

Posts by Wolfcat

We got the smudging done. Now we are going to make a single big resolution/goal for the new year!
Key: No spend - Budgeted spending - Necessary unbudgeted spending - Unneccessary unbudgeted spending - Spending that was fiscally harmful -   1:  - had to get equipment for Xmas gifts not included with the gift 2:  - we eat out weekly at a friend's coffee shop, partially to support her and partially cuz the food is great and we get to spend time together 3:  4:  5:  6:  7:  8: 9: 10: 11: 12: 13: 14: 15: 16: 17: 18: 19: 20:...
Key: No spend - Budgeted spending - Necessary unbudgeted spending - Unneccessary unbudgeted spending - Spending that was fiscally harmful -   1:  - had to get equipment for Xmas gifts not included with the gift 2: 3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8: 9: 10: 11: 12: 13: 14: 15: 16: 17: 18: 19: 20: 21: 22: 23: 24: 25: 26: 27: 28: 29: 30: 31:
I made a spreadsheet where I track my income and spending for each day with a running total. I strikethrough the amount when it goes through my bank, and I put my regular bills and expenses into it ahead of time to estimate the household budget. I like it especially because I can look ahead and see that I may have the money for that purchase now, but it will cascade into an overdraft in two or three weeks.
We are doing a sage smudging later today, to start out the year cleansed of all the emotional stuff that happened last year.
I guess I forgot the introduction portion of our gameshow... ;)   a. Who you are Sarah, SAHM of two. I got contracts for two books last year and they should be coming out this year. The sales are not expected to be spectacular, but hopefully it will be decent. I was laid off last May and my unemployment ran out in December. I got some money for Christmas, which I put in a savings account with scheduled, regular transfers to the spending account which should approximate...
Micah_mae_*, also invest in an old thermos (the new ones are kinda crappy) to keep extra drink/water warm. If you get empty tea bags, you could use those to make non-instant coffee in a cup of hot water.
I packaged up 27 of the pretzels for late Holiday gifts. We wrapped the breads in foil and stuck them in the freezer (they'll last us a few weeks that way). We used most of the pretzel buns today for lunch (bacon cheeseburgers!).
I made bread, pretzels, and pretzel buns today! Happy day-after-Solstice!    
- No spending       - Planned spending only         - Unplanned spending   12/1 - - Ate out, semi-planned, but unnecessary. 12/2 - 12/3 - 12/4 - - Late night snack during laundry . 12/5 - 12/6 - 12/7 - - Unplanned purchases, necessary and possible due to Christmas money; cough medicines. 12/8 - 12/9 -    \ 12/10 -    > Eating out & getting cough medicine due to all adults getting sick at the same time 12/11 - / 12/12 - 12/13 - 12/14 - -...