or Connect

Posts by Wolfcat

I just taught myself to can a week or so ago. Lots of tomatoes and some pickled watermelon rind. I'm going to try green pepper jelly in a few weeks. I'm thinking about what else to make. Apple's aren't big in this part of the state and cukes are almost out of season. I'd like to try fermented pickles and sauerkraut.
My mom does this. I finally made a rule: if we accept a gift, we have to get rid of something to make room. I also make it clear that we sort the clothes she gives us with a pile for giveaway. Once, I told her that we didn't have space for one of her gifts and if I took it home, it was going in the dumpster. She kept it at her house. You have to be firm and consistent. My mom has cried to me that I'm not grateful for what she gets us. I told her Wed prefer time and...
No cow. I use whole milk, heat and lemon juice. It is pretty easy. You can Google it. I use the 30 minute mozzarella recipe and the ricotta recipe from Caio Chow. It is totally delicious. I use the ricotta to make flavored spreads and dips, and in meatloaf and meatballs. The mozzarella is silky and smooth-tasting.
Hey, everyone. I finally have a chance to get in here. I've been sick for a week.   Ok, let's summarize. I was laid off. Babysitter dropped us. Baby ran off and got picked up by the cops. I was charged with neglect, but the charges were dropped (officially because witnesses didn't show; unofficially cuz it was a stupid charge due to unusual circumstances. Bug needs surgery again. Oh wait, DH and I aren't legally married, and I'm unemployed (see above) so no insurance....
It takes a while to set up. I have some things that occur on a day (Thursdays) and some that occur on a date (15th). But I'd be willing to share the template with the formula and formatting, if anyone wants it.
For the playlist, check out Damh the Bard, Cernunnos Rising and Wendy Rule. They all have music specific to sabbats. They are kid-friendly but grown up music. Jenna Greene and Celia would be other good choices, too. Emerald Rose, Kenny Klein, & S.J. Tucker are good and funny, but less kid-friendly. Omnia and Tuatha Dea are awesome but tend more to the R rated stuff.
This month has been a financial bummer. I just came off being in the red on my bank account for an entire week, so I'm suffering from overdraft fee anxiety. I was supposed to get $400 for a writing job, but I couldn't get her to talk to me and then she took a high dive off the cliff of insanity and started making accusations that I was hacking the "real" freelancer's account somehow. I disputed it, but I only ended up getting paid $100 for my work. DH is working double...
Lol Well, it isn't done yet. I should be finishing up the writing of it this summer and get pics done just after that. I'll keep you guys posted on that, or the facebookers can follow my author page: https://m.facebook.com/home.php?__user=100000971162635#!/AuthorSarahB?__user=100000971162635The setup will be more like detailed recipes with variations and a section for the sabbat, element, purpose and other correspondances of ingredients, as well as extra stuff for adding...
I'm hot, kids are grumpy. Dh's brother is going to move in with us for a bit to get on his feet, so the extra hands and/or money will help. I have a short-term writting gig, which pays decent but there is little communication from the client. I'm working on getting more homemade cheeses going. The spreads are doing really well at the farmer's market. The illustrations are still coming along great for the toddler book. Oh, and I'm writting a cookbook. Think kitchen witch...
Heathen or Asatru ritual involving mead and toasting. It's like a religious drinking game But really, they are very fun, communal, and spiritually rewarding. Usually followed by a blot (pron. bloat) which is a feast/potluck where a portion is selected as an offering.