or Connect

Posts by Wolfcat

We have a garden, such as it is. We are still working on keeping down weeds. They spring up solo thick in this area. We've got a huge rhubarb, onions tha are plotting world domination, tomatoes, peppers, strawberries. We are working on getting some beans, cukes, melons, kohlrabi, and herbs in this year. We live in town, so chickens and livestock are out. We may be able to get rabbits if they are pets that we just happen to eat... Good news: I was laid off, so my summer is...
I'm a Heathenish mama. My primary deities span a variety of cultures. But in terms of practice and lifestyle, I prefer Heathenry. Also, I've dealt with baptism as a Pagan.
Frugalmama, use real honey (check the ingredients list) - maneuka honey is best but any honey will work better than the medicated junk.
I got a hold of unemployment. I can start making claims tomorrow. Because I was laid off and they will call us back in, I don't have to look for work to collect. We have been working on the garden all week, and we set up an outdoor clothes line. We bought two unfinished screen doors (our house has no screen doors and only a few windows open) and we are going to paint them with some left over paint. With that and only running the dishwasher in the evenings, we should be...
Tonight we made chicken & dumplings: chicken stock (homemade), chopped chicken, ad homemade dumpling(3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 egg, 1 those baking powder, about 1 1/2 cup of water, mix, roll out, cut into 1 inch squares, let air dry for several hours), boil stock, add chicken, drop in dumplings one at a time, let simmer for about 10 min. We served it over bread with a salad.
Tonight we made chicken & dumplings: chicken stock (homemade), chopped chicken, ad homemade dumpling(3 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 egg, 1 those baking powder, about 1 1/2 cup of water, mix, roll out, cut into 1 inch squares, let air dry for several hours), boil stock, add chicken, drop in dumplings one at a time, let simmer for about 10 min. We like to serve over smashed potatoes or bread, or with a salad.
Just went down to a one-income house, and NOT the bigger income. So, we are cutting, big time. I am using my new-found spare time to work in the garden. We have 8 potato plants and 10 random plants in hills (we don't know what the seedlings are but they are things like cukes, melons and squashes. I'll be putting in 3 tomato plants and a pepper plant tomorrow. DH is string me a clothes line on the patio tomorrow, so no more dryer use (until winter) and I'm only running...
He hasn't committed a crime? Taking pictures of children like that IS A CRIME. And it isn't your job to make sure there's evidence. That's why my tax dollars pay cop salaries. And furthermore, pedophiles keep stuff like that; they can't help themselves. PERIOD. But, by all means continue this passive stance, but call it by it's legal name: hindering investigation of a crime and/or aiding and abetting. Sorry to be so blunt, but it's not like "ooops, someone was...
Ok. I was laid off yesterday. Deep breaths. I've already done the unemployment thing, and I've started using the extra time to get the garden going. I'll be getting about three or four weeks pay yet, and I'm looking for a job but it's mostly in the freelance arena. Hopefully, dh will be able to pick up some overtime soon.
Grilled salmon over rice with roasted potatoes.