or Connect

Posts by Wolfcat

Soviet chicken: we use legs and thighs but boneless breasted works well, too. Put chicken in a pan. Mix one pack of onion soup mix with one cup of Russian (1000 island) dressing and one cup of apricot jelly. Pour over chicken and bake until done. If you chop up the cooked chicken, you can serve over rice, which is super yummy. Or serve with a veggie side.
BTW, I use the dough for that recipe to make pizza crusts, too. Instead of forming a ball, roll out on a floured surface. Use flour and some cornmeal to dust the top and bottom. Put in the oven as before but I put a cookie sheet on top of it to keep it flat. I bake for 20 minutes and freeze them until use. We make full sized and mini crusts. Then I put a spoonful of pasta sauce on top, spread it around. I like to put on ham, pepperoni, mixed veggies (even corn and green...
I got the contract for the book from the publisher yesterday! I've read through it; it's a basic, straightforward contract,so I'll be signing and scanning it back tomorrow. I'm so excited!
Please keep in mind that the Bible doesn't forbid birth control, the Church does. Ask God whether he wants you to have more children or contribute to the world in other ways. You may be surprised what a kind, merciful Lord has to say about what's right and wrong.
March is busy... in a good way. I am finishing up the new inventory procedure for the store. On the 15th, we get to go to an open sumbel in Lincoln, and deliver product to the partner so he can vend his first solo event. I am looking forward to working with the illustrator for my first toddler book: The Pagan Children's ABC Book of Goddesses. Once that is done, I'll work on illustrating the Book of Gods and writing the Book of the Norse. Meanwhile, catching up on bills...
Oatmeal, cereal, eggs, and firefly gruel are staples at my house. I have two eggs each morning, microwave poached with Italian seasoning, sheep's cheese and butter. I have a problem with getting super hungry midmorning and the high fat and protein helps. The oatmeal is rolled oats lightly cooked (we like a bit of crunch left in it) with muscovado sugar or maple syrup and a bit of milk. The kids love it. We sometimes make up extra big batches of pancakes on the weekends and...
We do a chicken or turkey once a month or so. I prefer turkey since it's more meat and bone for the effort. We salt it a bunch, rub it with butter and season it lightly. We cook it in the oven with high temp until the juices run clear. The temp and salt keep it juicy. I spend about a half hour deboning and slicing it. We munch on the skin as a treat. All excess fat, cartilage, bone, anything we won't eat goes into a container for stock. We eat on a turkey for weeks,...
anneca, I have a simple recipe that I use all the time. You make the dough and you can keep it in the fridge. The longer it stays in the fridge, the more sourdough it is. 3 cups warm water, 1 1/2 tbs yeast, 1 1/2 tbs salt, mix. Add 6 1/2 cups flour. Mix until all the flour is moist. Let it set for 5-8 hours or until the dough collapses. Refrigerate until use. Pull apart a fist size piece of dough. Add flour enough to keep it from sticking to your hands. Work it into a...
What supplements do you take?I hear that. We are doing pretty well at our house. We get the bills paid, no assistance, and we don't usually struggle to pay for food. But this last month, I maxed out my auto insurance deductible and we are flirting with a zero balance for the next week. I still feel guilty because we are setting aside a portion of our tax returns for camping gear so we can do our one long weekend vacation trip with a little more comfort and frugality (it's...
Hypothyroidism has lots of "symptoms", mostly low energy and obesity. It can also result in various organ issues, though I'm not familiar enough with it to list any. Heartland is a five-day, tent-camping event with guests and bonfires. It's also clothing optional. I'm worried about taking the kids because they are both pretty high maintenance. Dd is not yet potty trained, so diapers and pota-johns are less then thrilling. Ds is on the autism spectrum. I use this...