or Connect

Posts by Wolfcat

Quote: Originally Posted by EcoMama7 Ya, and Ill have to explain to EVERYONE how its pronounced. Which is sort of annoying. Well, you could change the spelling to something like dore, dor, doore, etc. There's no law says you have to keep a specific spelling, unless the spelling itself has meaning to you.
Well, this has been a waste of several days... My weekend was kind of icky, which wasn't too bad, until today and yesterday just kept it going. Friday, I was talking to my mother and she implied that I was likely to abuse my DS. Saturday, I watched my friend lie to his mother to get money from her which he used to buy books. $150 worth of books. He can't even pay his own rent! Sunday, I went to a meditation for the first time in months. As one group of people...
First, the background: I am 28, single, pg for the first time with a boy. My parents have been surprisingly supportive. Unfortunately, they have absolutely no idea where I'm coming from. Ever. It's like the whole nature v nurture thing just went with "neither" for me. I'm nothing like anyone on any side of the family. So, the other night, I was very excitedly telling my mother about my parenting plans (and showing off my research). My mom wanted to know if I wanted a...
My soon-to-be DS is Logan Vance. Logan and Vance are both from UK cultures and mean various types of land. LV is my adopted (step) father's grandfather's initials. Logan Vance was a name that was the hero in a romance I read years ago. I just really liked the name, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2Sweeties1Angel What on Earth does a person's body weight have to do with co-sleeping???? Is it because the AAP thinks all fat people have breathing problems or something? No, we're just stupid and like to wear large-flower printed mumus... I'm 5'7", 250 lbs with a sense of style and planning to co-sleep.
If you've been studying even half as hard as I think you have been, don't worry about the wall. Your brain is saying "wait a minute! lemme assimilate this stuff!" Give it a few days of no stress, then get back to it! And I'm sure that you'll pass this time. Obviously, stress was a factor last time and is less this time.
Quote: Originally Posted by sweetpea333 in the past 4 years he has given me 2 black eyes, broke my tailbone, beat me once when i was 5 month pregnant with first dd, and when i was 6 months pregnant with my 2nd dd i went down on my knees and tried to protect my belly but instead he held my dd 10 months at the time and kicked me extremely hard in the back it was so scary. despite all this he is a good father and dd's adore him. I don't think...
Again, just looking for any kind of feedback Almira hummed tunelessly as she crossed the complex. She read the scant information on her hard copy several times and ran her hand through her short, auburn hair, causing it to stand on end. "Now, why don't they tell us anything?" she muttered aloud. A young, green-clad student stopped to stare at her. He was obviously a first-year who had never seen a real “red-suit,” as she had heard Crafters called by some students. ...
Also, the single strongest herb known for increasing milk production is goat's rue. And though powdering herbs is effective, sprinkling fenugreek on oatmeal (another galactagogue or milk maker) works, as well as a nice tea. I like mixing herbs with blueberry herb tea, b/c blueberry is mostly innert and won't interfere with the herbs, but tastes yummy!!
Okay, I realize that I don't have the actual experience, but I'm going to be returning to work after 6 weeks, so this is very much something I've been looking into. I'm actually hoping that my supply drops while I'm at work. What I want is to "train" my breasts to produce more when I am with my ds and I will nurse and pump in tandem or immediately after. Then I won't have to worry about it more than once or twice a day while at work. Perhaps you could take advantage...