or Connect

Posts by gabesmama

We carpool to school with another 6 yo girl. Yesterday, my son came home with a bag of doritos. I assumed the mom who drove him home gave it to him for a snack. Later on that night, my son says if I tell you something, do you promise not to get mad or tell anyone. So, I said yes. He told me that the girl we carpool with stole it from another kid's lunch and gave it to him. We talked about stealing and my son knows it is wrong. I also explained to him that he is also...
Thank you for all of your helpful replies. We ended up making up our own thing and doing a tooth ceremony last night. And this morning he asked for money for his tooth. Thanks again, Lori
My 6yo DS just lost his 3rd tooth. A friend recently told him that there is no such thing as the tooth fairy. He wants his old teeth back and does not want a visit from the tooth fairy tonight. He says, "I do not want to be a part of these childhood myths!". I don't want him to miss out on it. But he clearly does not want it. I appreciate any advice, Lori
I still have not found a book he likes as much as Junie B. Gabriel will be 6 in July. He also loves magic and harry Potter but I would like to stay away from those at this time. I am looking for just fun kid books. I want to get excited about reading together again. I welcome anymore suggestions. Thanks, Lori
DS is 5 and has been diagnosed with Sensory integration Disorder. There seems to be something else going on there. He has serious impulse control issues. He seems to have some anxiety issues as well. He also just started grinding his teeth at night. He is also VERY intelligent for a 5 year old. We have been working with a therapist and will be seeing a psychiatrist this week. A thought has been crossing my mind throughout all of this. Could this be a result of...
This article explores the possibility of the VT shooter being exposed to too many toxins and perhaps being an undiagnosed child with autism. http://www.americanchronicle.com/art...rticleID=24838
DS did this at 3. He loves stories and audiobooks. So we would go through his bed time routine and he would listen to an audiobook until he is ready to fall asleep. I am working on DD 2 1/2 but she is not ready yet. But I am totally antsy there with her and am also thinking about all of the things I could be doing while I am sitting in her room waiting for her to fall asleep. She is not into audiobooks like her brother and I would also like ideas to help make this...
At what age did you stop bathing your children together?
Thank you for all of your suggestions. I tried Ramona and he could not get into those books. I am happy to find some other Junie B fans on these boards. Junie B really helped my son develop his sense of humor. I will keep you posted on the books that he likes. Thanks again, Lori
We just finished all of the Junie B Jones books. My son loved them! What humorous books can you recommend for a 5 1/2 year old who loves Junie B? Thanks, Lori