or Connect

Posts by Haydee

What is your favourite colour? Um.. that's a hard one for me. I wear a lot of green because I have red hair. I painted my bedroom indigo a few years ago and absolutely love it. When I think about it, there is no color that I don't like. I really enjoy colors.. bright, pale, light, dark.. they all have their appeal, especially depending on my mood. What is your favourite thing about pregnancy? Your least favourite? My favorite thing is feeling a little one growing...
It's my turn already?? Wow that happened fast! What are your birth plans? We just met with a homebirth midwife yesterday and I loved her, so we're having a homebirth! : I've been planning a HB the whole time but wasn't sure if I'd find a midwife because there aren't many in the area. Now I'm debating a waterbirth.. we may have a birth pool here and then I can decide when I'm in labor if I want to use it or not. How did you meet your partner? Well, it all starts...
I'm so not ready for this. The third trimester soon? How did that happen?
So far this pregnancy I'm at net -2 lbs. I lost a bit at the beginning and still haven't made it up.
Quote: Originally Posted by CookAMH My question above might have gotten lost - what are options for snap covers? I see the Bummis Super Snap. What else? If you're looking for WAHM-made, you can find many mamas who sew & sell Fattycakes, Little Starters, and Darling Diapers, along with many others. These are what I'm sewing for my little one.
Quote: Originally Posted by CookAMH Good point. Green Mountain Diapers seems like a non-WAHM company yeah? Yes, they're a larger company. When I say WAHM diaper makers I'm talking about mothers who sew diapers in their homes and then sell them. These diapers tend to be made in extremely small batches or are one-of-a-kind items, which is why this law is having such an impact on them. They will have to test almost every single diaper they make....
Quote: Originally Posted by CookAMH Wonder if I should buy my cloth diapers and covers now instead of in the spring. Same with my Mei Tai. I'd say it depends on what types of things you're looking for. If you want Fuzzibuns or Kiss-a-luvs you're probably fine. The testing won't cost as much for larger suppliers because they only need to have one of each batch tested. If you want Fattycakes or Little Starters or other WAHM-made dipes I'd probably...
The law has already passed, and it goes into effect on Feb 10. It is retroactive, so it still may cause resale shops to close. CPSIA has been giving different info to different callers, so I don't really trust anything I read until it's on their website. One rep told a WAHM who called that cloth diapers are covered by the law, and then another rep told a different WAHM that cloth diapers are not covered by the law. They may pass an amendment that exempts natural...
Quote: Originally Posted by lotus.blossom In all honesty when I hear baby girl annoucements it feel a tiny little stab in my heart but I get over it in a few minutes. I can't help this, if I could I would. It doesn't make me want my little boy any less just sort of mourning the daughter that'll never be. I have this too. : It's actually one of the reasons why I don't post here much lately. As for the name thing, I'd be upset too. I don't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by loveyourohana Thought this Mothering post would be useful Its opt out info. for every state. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=953402 That's info on exemptions which can be used for school/daycare, not opt-out info for these registries. I can only speak for NYS because I live here, there is no way to opt out of the registry. :