or Connect

Posts by Haydee

Congrats, that's great news!
Congrats! Sounds like you had a great appointment.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amydoula Do you want to drive up to where I live? I have a great family practice doc who will take non or selective vaxers, she also does acupuncture, has had a homebirth herself,etc. etc. PM me if you want the name/number. PMing you, thanks!
Dr.Bovenzi will only take new patients under 5, and my kids are 6 and 11. Sigh. We're back to the drawing board. Any other ideas?
Quote: Originally Posted by quarteralien I'd hope not. It's just starting to worry me that some include other prophylaxis measures in their religious exemption. I've heard enough horror stories about getting exemptions in this state to be paranoid about getting it right. I didn't include prophylaxis in my exemption letter and I got the exemption no problem.
Target says in our e mails the price is $279. If you look at Target.com it says the normal price of the SAME seat is $249, and they are currently on sale for $199. You'd think they could at least get their numbers straight. I'm also still peeved about the way I was treated on the phone.. but I need to stop thinking about it at this point.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife my Target account now says I have no recent orders, so I assume it was cancelled. Oh well, still waiting for an email to notify me. : I'm really annoyed with the lack of communication and the phone call I had with customer service earlier.
I'm frustrated because I spent 2+ hrs on the phone with them, and 45 min of that was a long distance call. The rep told me I had to call this number, there was no other toll free option. After 45 min (mostly on hold) I got a manager who told me there was a 1-800 number, and that he would try to get the cost of my call reimbursed to me. Yeah it's like $5-10, but still! I need that money! Was it too good to be true? Sure, but they're a big store, they should have noticed...
I'm on hold for a supervisor at Target too. I bought one carseat for the babe currently in my belly. The guy I spoke to before said, "We don't know what's going on, wait for the e mail." I asked to speak to the people in the department sending the e mails, he said he doesn't have their number. Honestly, I think they'd lose much less money by sending us the seats than by risking angering the masses of moms and having us all shop somewhere else for the holidays.
I didn't use the NYS form, I wrote my own letter and handed it to the principal. It included a statement something like this: In compliance with NYS law, We herewith submit a written statement to exempt our child NAME from the immunization requirement, and the Mantoux (PPD) Tuberculin Test, because we hold genuine and sincere personal religious beliefs which are inconsistent with these medical procedures. The practice of vaccination is contrary to our conscientiously held...