or Connect

Posts by CathMac

Did you buy this?  If so, are you happy with it?  What are the pros and cons?  If you like it, do you think you would have liked it better with a different model?  Perhaps the manual version?    I've read some reviews that complain about not being able to control the amount of bag material that is used with the automatic version, when using the rolls (as opposed to the pre-cut bags), resulting in waste.   How hard is it to find affordable replacement bags and...
At the risk of being a kill joy I suspect that you won't be able to find anything that meets all of your criteria, unless your husband gets a regional cost of living salary increase and you can afford more than the $1,500 you are paying now.   Another poster up thread mentioned Rockland.  I have a friend that lost the two bedroom rental she was paying $1,200 a month for; and it was in rough shape.  I guesstimate it had about half an acre of land which she didn't want or...
Do all of these have to be refrigerated?  If not, which ones can be left in a container on the counter?  Would it depend upon whether (and how much) egg &/or milk it contains?   If the recipe has a cookie like consistency (which can be cut into bars) is it safe to assume it doesn't have to be refrigerated?   TIA   ~Cath
Hello Leahshae,   I'm glad you PM'ed me.  I'm guessing you didn't see the "Resource" tab at the top of the BF'ing Challenges board.  Here is a link:         One of those resources is a post of mine.  It's pretty self-explanatory so rather than summarize it I'll simply link it and copy/paste the contents a little further below.  I was surprised to find that many of the links in my post still work.     I will quote myself here on what to do if there is a particular link...
Bill and Shonda,    Thanks for the replies.  I just lost a long response.  I'll try to summarize.   The dog handler was in yesterday.  He did a pre-inspection and there was strong visual evidence of infestation in the two second floor bedrooms.  The dog responded to the Living Room couch and Recliner, and the Day Bed in the first floor TV Room.  The dog didn't respond to anything in the basement.   The Entomologist will be in tomorrow for a follow up...
Bill,   Thanks so much for the input.   Unfortunately we are pack rats and I felt de-cluttering was necessary to comply with the prep protocol to allow the dog complete access (e.g. to a blocked bureau, a night stand and a TV table).   I just found what I'm guessing is a third or fourth stage BedBug with droppings and a small trail of eggs between some books in my bed board.  Oddly, the BedBug seems dead.  I thought I saw it move but that must have been my...
Please let me know if there is a better forum to post this in. A co-worker brought BedBugs into the office and since then I have seen signs of them at home. I have contacted a pest control company and they are coming in Monday with a BedBug sniffing dog.  That gives me one day to declutter in order that the dog have good access to all of the closets, bureaus, etc. I have managed to accumulate a lot of ribbon and yarn and have most of it stored in bins in my bedroom but...
I understand that you can use more of your fruits and veggies with VitaMix, so you'll get more vitamins and minerals from the peel, pith, and more of the core.  However, if you really liquify them, do you lose the digestive benefits of the fiber and the carb offset which reduces the net carbs?   TIA,   ~Cath
Can you refrigerate beans after soaking them?  If so, how long can you keep them in the fridge before you have to cook them?   I soaked 16 oz of Great Northern Beans for almost 24 hours and then put them in the fridge about 2 or 3 days ago.  I haven't quite figured out what to do with them yet.   I just bought a 7 quart Rival Crock Pot and I hope to find a recipe for these beans in time for a Labor Day family get together.   Thanks,   ~Cath
I vaguely remember reading some years ago that the claim that there is no "added lead" doesn't mean that there isn't any already existing lead in the clay.  But I may be confusing that with slow cookers in general.   Also, check out the Amazon reviews.  It sounds like the clay may be fragile and one reviewer reported that her clay got moldy.     Yikes!!   ~Cath