or Connect

Posts by CathMac

The regular version of my resume is Times New Roman. When I used Apple's "Pages" word processing program to "export" it into plain text it seemed to convert to Helvetica, which is a little less ornate but I wouldn't have guessed it was plain text. I use Safari so if you are correct the browser shouldn't be the problem. But thanks for the feedback. If you think of anything else please let me know. ~Cath
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g Im still amazed that you refer to him as DH . Quote: Originally Posted by That Is Nice Oh, abbreviation only! Only on MDC. Never in real life. I never say to a friend or co-worker, "And do you know, my dear husband did x, y, or z." No, he's not very dear, as you can probably tell. There are lots of other words that start with "D". I couldn't find the whistling/innocent...
I'm not quite sure where to put this but I'm putting it here since it's work related. I'm hoping a tech savvy Apple/Pages user with mad job hunt skills can help me. Since PC/Word is more common than Apple/Pages I was aware that compatibility might be an issue when job hunting so I created PDF version(s) of my resume(s). However, I just tried applying for a position directly with an employer using their "Taleo" based program. I clicked "browse" then "choose" and...
I didn't read the whole thread thoroughly but it seems to me there are four basic possibilities when someone is obsessively and consistently unwilling to to take time off: 1) They feel compelled to hoard their time for worst case scenarios (e.g.: death or family crisis), 2) They are afraid to because of the economy, 3) They aren't good at time management and don't have their work flow sufficiently under control that they feel comfortable being out for awhile; to the...
I did some more googling. It looks like the publication is actually The Ecologist and the issue is from 1/4/2006. That's probably enough for me to dig up a link if I keep trying. Thanks, ~Cath
I'm almost positive someone posted about this article --it may have been me-- but I can't find it anywhere on these boards. I've tried searching it as a thread and more broadly as a post within a thread. The only place I haven't been able to search is the old Politics and News & Current Events forum. It looks like it's available as premium content for the Economist online but that seems like a lot of work for something that should be here somewhere. Can anyone...
My guess is that one session wouldn't be enough. However, if you do try it the earlier in the day that first/only pumping session is, the better --unless it's too close to the last time your DD nursed-- because your milk producing hormones are higher overnight and start dwindling at about 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning. If DD is sleeping through the night you could try pumping once before you leave for work. If you are limited to those one or two pumping...
How does one go about finding money like this if you want to start a business? I'm skeptical about those resources sold on late night infomercials. Any suggestions on the most efficient, cost effective way to find out what kind of money is available and how to apply for it? Thanks, ~Cath
Quote: Originally Posted by canoemom ... Logistically it seems easiest to just give him the milk from the day before; wondering what others have done to manage their freezer supply and ensure that none of that precious milk expires. ... This is one of those "short answer / long answer" questions. I won't even bother with the short answer, I will simply link you to some earlier posts so you have the information you need to decide your own...
workjw, Thanks for the feedback. ~Cath