or Connect

Posts by CathMac

Quote: Originally Posted by moonlover2017 ... If you want center pieces on it then I would use E6000 on it which you can get at the craft store. You can use any ribbon as long as it's polyester. I like a variety of textures and colors in my bows. When is E6000 better than hot glue? Also, is grosgrain ribbon always clearly marked as grosgrain ribbon? I thought it was the "ribbing" that helped it keep its hold, not the type of...
I would like to try making a couple of "korker" type bows for my daughters and if it goes well I would start making them as accessories for clothes I consign at an upcoming one-day consignment event ... not so much to raise the price of the items but more to increase the chances of them selling. I don't want to invest a lot of money up front but I do want a high quality finished product because if the consignments go well I might try selling them separately at future...
Thanks for the feedback. Wish us luck. The inspection is tomorrow. ~Cath
Does anyone here have any idea of whether or when a bank will negotiate a reduced price on an "as is" property after an inspection? I know that we can back out if it flunks inspection but unless there is a really serious structural problem I'd rather get price concessions on any big ticket items. Would it make a difference if I insisted that our "Buyer's Broker" (interestingly, the disclosure is for a Buyer's Broker and not a Co-Seller's Broker) actually provide the...
I got a bunch of results as well, 999 to be exact. But the most recent one was # 999 and was posted in 2009. I now know that I could refine my Advanced search for all forums and narrow the date range. But it seems to me that it would make more sense for a search with that many results to default to the more recent posts showing at the top since most people are probably looking for the most current posts.
Maybe I've been doing something wrong but I've been trying on and off for several weeks to search for information on the Amby recall. I couldn't find any posts more recent that 2006 until I remembered the Family Safety board and checked that specifically. The search only went up to 999 so my working assumption is that it stops at 1000. I'm wondering now if you can narrow the search by date but I'm guessing the average person wouldn't think of that. I don't know if...
I have included the U.S. CPSC recall/repair notice, a link to the Amby site and a link to the Canadian safety agency's advisory. FWIW, we bought one new when DD1 was about 9 months old and we never had a problem with it. Of course she was older and DH was extremely careful about assembling it properly. And make no mistake, proper assembly is critical. If I understand correctly, there have only been 2 reported deaths. And they were fairly recent (2008 or 2009)....
Depending upon the age of the baby a snug fit between the mattress and the crib rails is really important, to prevent the baby from slippin in between and suffocating. I forget exactly how snug it has to be (maybe an inch or so of wiggle room?) but you may be able to find a free Consumer Reports article online. If you don't have the crib yet and you are buying in a bricks and mortar store you can put the mattress in the crib to test it. I'm not quite sure what...
Quote: Originally Posted by Leta Sure, but the documentation has to be REEEALY specific as to exactly what kind of windows they are for the energy rating. Bottom line, I'm going to have to do some research. Leta, Did you try using a razor blade, a heat gun, or both? I think you have to work the sticker very slowly with the sharp edge and the heat. It might be too cold out to do that now. But perhaps you could try again in the Spring (if...
DD2 has a few very small patches of pimply red dots, mostly along the edge and underneath both nostrils but a little under one side of her mouth as well. It looks like what I imagine contact dermatitis would look like. Long story short, DD1 had a pretty well documented milk and dairy intolerance/allergy up to 16 months old or so. I nursed her exclusively until 6 months or so and continued to nurse her on demand when I got home from work and on the weekends (well...