or Connect

Posts by CathMac

Quote: Originally Posted by 2xand2y I volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center and we happily accept them as donations. We explain the risk of a used pump but most of our clients will accept one anyway because it is the best option they have. If I had no other option I would want an Ameda with the hygenikit (Purely Yours?). If I remember correctly the hygenikit prevents the milk from backing into the motor. I think this is pretty much the same...
I tried "searching" specifically in this forum and in archives; and I tried searching for the ongoing "Bread Thread" but I can't find it. You get a lot of hits with the word "bread". So can anyone recommend a good recipe for a pizza dough recipe using only unbleached Whole White Wheat flour? Currently I use the 1 Lb recipe which came with my 20 year old Bread Man machine. I triple it and I substitute about half the refined White flour with King Arthur's unbleached...
Quote: Originally Posted by clutterwarrior ... Editing to ask if some listings take ages to appear? ...because one of my 3 listings I put up, isn't showing up at all, even though I got an email confirmation. I'm new to Craig's List but I ran into trouble posting my first item. It turns out that I needed to verify my account with my phone number. Which wasn't obvious at all. I think whatever "prompt" or "pop up" I got when I thought I'd...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2xand2y Ewwww, I never thought about yeast. Very informative- thank you! I would think Medela could use some pumps to research why/where they weaken and to improve their product. But as you said, the application of that information does not = profit, so it isn't likely. They do make hospital grade, multi-user pumps. They cost about $1000.00. Or you can rent one for about $50.00 a month. So they do have the...
I just learned that you can only post one listing per category every 48 hours. I know that virtual yard sales (tag sales, garage sales, etc.) are prohibited but I have seen various posts with related items in one listing. E.g.: under baby and kids you might see one posting with a baby carrier, a pack n play, a stroller and crib. The price is usually noted as $1.00 and if the item titles are short enough there might be enough room for a price in the heading. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amy0417 ... Anyways, I was not intending to start a debate. I'm just interested in the proper way of disposing a breast pump. The mom I was helping actually told me she absolutely did not want another mom taking it from her garbage because she felt it wasn't safe. To me it looks like the best way is to contact the electronic recyclers and see if they will except the motor. Or maybe Medela would except old pumps for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amy0417 That's good advice but I work at a lactation center and am becoming a lactation consultant and since you're "not suppossed" to use a used pump... I would feel wrong giving out that advice if KWIM. Yet, I'm all about hand-me-downs I have very strong opinions on this. For DD1 I took my sister's used Medela double pump. As a nurse she completely understands the concept of blood born pathogens. So that...
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy ... Ours has a Pets section (not the pets chat, the sale section is up under Community though maybe it's different on your local one). I looked and looked again. I don't see a section for listing Pet items, only the Pet chat. I see a lot of Pet items under "Household" and "General". I now have my item listed under "General". Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy I...
Quote: Originally Posted by HappyMommy2 Also - there are two ways to post. You can set up your account if you want to post often. It includes a few more features. But if you just want to do one or two posts, you can just do that. I set up a new Craig's List account. I have a lot of stuff to list and I think I will need the edit function. Thanks, ~Cath
Quote: Originally Posted by OkiMom I would definetly sign up for a third account that you will only use for Craigslist. We have something like a craigslist here (named something different) and whenever I post anything I get at least 20-30 spam e-mails. ... Thanks for the input. I just set up a Gmail account. ~Cath