or Connect

Posts by CathMac

... Quote: Originally Posted by luv-my-boys 1. YES, set up a seperate dedicated email (yahoo,hotmail,etc) just for craigstlist. you will most likely get LOTS of scams/junk/spam mail. I already have a Yahoo account but it is linked to my regular email (through my internet service provider). Should I get a third account? Maybe I should send a test message from my Yahoo account, to my Yahoo account and see if it winds up in my usual...
So I finally got around to listing one item, just to get started. And it didn't post. Not only that but it isn't showing in "My Account". And having read the FAQs and two different "Help" forums (including the one on flagged items) I'm super paranoid about aggravating my "Community"; and I'm anxious to avoid inadvertently posting it twice. So I post a question in one of the forums and I may have gotten a glimpse of a reply as I was headed out the door but now I can't...
Quote: Originally Posted by DianeMarie I am only replying to your post because I am a medical professional and can advise you in that way, but not from a mothering point of view. First of all, and I don't want to beat you up for this, BUT----NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use medications that have been prescribed for someone else!! Especially if the prescribed medications were for an adult, and now you want to use it on a child. As I totally understand that your...
Hello everyone, I posted in Questions and Suggestions and was directed to the July thread but I didn't actually post until August 5th, after this new thread was started. My apologies to anyone that has already seen this. I don't write for a living or even for a hobby but recently I made up a nonsense song for my 6 year old daughter at bedtime, rather than sing the usual lullaby. She insisted I put it in writing. I sang the final product to her the next day and she...
Quote: Originally Posted by Holiztic ... I share this not necessarily because your child's issue is pitta-aggravation (over-heating) or allergy (though allergy is likely) but to encourage you to look more systemically/holistically at the problem to solve it from the bottom up, rather than trying to erase the rash. Good luck, mama, I know how frustrating it can be, I look back at pictures of DS from August-October and feel that stress all over...
Quote: Originally Posted by emilysmama Cath, When my dd was 1 year old, we did everything that you outlined above for two years, and it never really went away. Only difference is that the rash was in the neck. One allergist suggested early on that I go on a total elimination diet, because she was convinced that it was something passing through my breastmilk. In the end, after asking 3 other allergists, I decided not to modify my diet. To this very...
Quote: Originally Posted by AFWife DS is almost 15mo. He has had these spots on his face, right under his nose, for a few weeks now. They don't seem to bother him. It looks a lot like teenage acne. I can snap a photo if you need to see it...I have no idea where to start on what could be causing it. How is he doing? I came here looking for advice on this same issue. My 4 yo and almost 6 yo have had a persistent rash for about 6 months. DH was...
Hello everyone, I don't write for a living or even for a hobby but recently I made up a nonsense song for my 6 year old daughter at bedtime, rather than sing the usual lullaby. She insisted I put it in writing. I sang the final product to her the next day and she suggested I "copy" it. I now have minor delusions of publishing it. With my nephew's help I think I can put some basic sheet music together for it. Realistically, is there any avenue for the average...
Note, this update is cross posted in the Childhood Years. Regarding the rash, we've discontinued the topical steroid (Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream USP (Augmented), 0.05%. DH had suggested using it again to "knock (the inflammation) down" but I reminded him of why that wasn't a good idea. He does pride himself on thinking outside the box and he has a tendency to keep me on what feels like a need to know basis sometimes but I have to believe he hasn't been using it...
Quote: Originally Posted by LuxPerpetua My dd (4.5) has had a rash like that a couple of times. We took her to our family dr. who gave her Mupirocin ointment for one, which cleared right up, and then for another we had to go a step farther and get Altabax, which cleared it up. For us, we had to be absolutely consistent in treating it 3 times per day. She only has gotten them occasionally, so I don't think they are food related for us....