or Connect

Posts by CathMac

Now that the Writing forum is closed, any suggestions on where to post a question regarding how (and whether) to try and get a lullaby published? Or even where to get feedback on whether it's any good or not? Recently I made up a nonsense song for my 6 year old daughter at bedtime, rather than sing the usual lullaby. She insisted I put it in writing. I sang the final product to her the next day and she suggested I "copy" it. I now have minor delusions of...
Our Kenmore dehumidifier is about 7 or 8 years old. It worked great until this year. DH thought it might be the re-usable filter on the back and cleaned it. Not realizing that he'd already cleaned it I washed it again and the dehumidifier works if you turn if off and then turn it on again. But it only works for a minute or so. Should I try vacuuming the metal block/comb behind the plastic filter? Any other suggestions? ~Cath
Quote: Originally Posted by confustication No, it won't. I would not inform the insurance until you have had a couple estimates done to see what you are really looking at in terms of repairs needed etc. ... You will want to know what coverage you have, and what the estimated cost of repair is before you do anything else. Filing a claim is likely to make your rates rise, and it also may to make it harder for you to insure in the near future if...
For anyone else reading this, I'm pretty convinced that the sites "Pillow Pets" and "My Pillow Pets" are related and there seem to be other related pages floating around out there. "My Pillow Pets" has other items besides the large pillows but the pillows seem more expensive. But I do notice that you have the option of donating half the proceeds to a particular charity. Or just donating $1.00 to that same charity. If I'm right, they certainly don't make it easy to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy2chloerae http://www.toysrus.com/search/index....S/2254197&sr=1 They don't offer a big variety, but Toys r Us has some. If one of them is the one she wanted you could try there. Great idea. Unfortunately the one I need is out of stock. ~Cath
Quote: Originally Posted by Emmeline II It's $19.95 +sh on the website http://www.pillowpetsontv.com/Defaul...=google&bhcp=1 This does seem to be a legit site, but having done some more research it looks like they have some customer service issues. I might try picking them up on Ebay from a reliable seller. ~Cath
Quote: Originally Posted by 4evermom My ds used to get a rash like that. I attributed it to food allergies. I'm pretty sure it was dairy related and maybe also soy. ANd he seems to have outgrown it. ... Maybe try a topical antihistamine like benadryl creme on the rash? I didn't try that myself because knocking out dairy seemed to do the trick with ds. I was kind of wondering about this. DD1 (with the milder rash) had a minor dairy...
Originally I posted in Finance and Frugality due to the consumer protection issue, but perhaps more people here will know something about the legit "Pillow Pets". Long story short, does anyone know which is the authentic site? They are virtually identical but the first one seems to include a clip of the TV commercial. The second site is so similar it almost seems like they are affiliated. In fact the "Pillow Pets" site notes that the tag should say "My Pillow...
Quote: Originally Posted by neetling I think we bought our DD one from the site with the video link. It seemed a little underdeveloped, but it was the one advertised on the commercial. ... Do you mean the toy was underdeveloped, or the website? ~Cath
Quote: Originally Posted by claras_mom ... Seriously, I'm not sure of the time-line here. When did she turn 4? About a month ago. ~Cath