or Connect

Posts by finn'smama

Another recommendation for a woven shorty. You can do hip and back carries, they fold up small and can double as blankets and scarves. It may be a bit of a learning curve but well worth it for the versatility.
Hi mamas,   It's been awhile since I posted here, but I need some serious help.  I'm at my wits end with my middle boy, 4.5 yo.  He and his older brother (6) always squabble, but lately my 4 yo has been getting quite violent. Lots of hitting, kicking, spitting, name calling and it doesn't seem to matter what we do, he cannot stop. I feel so bad for my 6yo :( The crazy thing is that he is only like this at home.  He is in care during the week and my babysitter (who...
It's great! In fact, it's a benefit to have a baby who will nap on you no matter where you are or what you're doing, especially if you have another LO to occupy. And fwiw, I wear my ds for naps a lot, (and pretty much constantly for the first 4 months) and he has no problem sleeping in a bed and never has.  Honestly, after 3 kids with 3 different sleep habits (and I've always worn/nursed them to sleep), I don't think what I do has anything to do with it LOL.
I also would (and do!) choose a woven wrap because of comfort and versatility. I have a really small babywearing "stash" 2 wraps and an Ergo (plus a DIY ringsling and mei tai) and I use my wraps every single day for many different purposes, as carrier, blankets, for shade, hammocks, forts, playmats... And I will echo what Lauren mentioned about it being worth it to invest in a real woven wrap (and I love DIY carriers!) they are made for babywearing and it's evident IMO,...
nope. But we don't really believe in things being 'gender specific'. If the boys want to wear pink or dresses than that's fine : I choose my carriers because I like the way they look and if they'll match the rest of my wardrobe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Carrruth Here is a great video showing the dangers of using a stretch wrap on your back: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11qTFHQ4Qu0 Yikes! I will admit to having wrapped once or twice on my back with a stretchy when ds3 was really little (like 8 weeks), but I had it super tight and secure, really and truly. Her wrap job was pretty loose There is no way I would attempt with a babe big enough to lean (or ever again,...
I will echo suggestions for a high back carry or hip carry with whatever carriers work for you. I learned to do a high rucksack with a woven around that time because ds only really like to be worn when sleepy/sleeping. Rucksack with a wrap with a mei tai
Imo, the carriers you listed are not ideal for back carries. a woven wrap or an SSC like the Ergo are great. A wrap has a steep learning curve but well worth it since they are really versatile, there are lots of how-to videos on youtube and thebabywearer.com is a great resource for learning how to get babe on your back. SSCs are easier to get the hang of and very comfy, imo, just don't have the same versatility as a wrap. Hth some. eta: you can use a ring sling for back...
Absolutely! I have variety of carriers for different purposes, but I could definitely get by with just one. For me it would be a woven wrap in size 5. And I don't baby my carriers at all, my Ergo looks pretty rough after 3 kiddos.
Quote: Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley DS1 used to just put himself to sleep as well! Hamish - can't do!...its why I think he hates the car seat. Funny, Henry can only put himself to sleep on his belly, so he hates the car seat too, lol! Although it is getting much better now...