or Connect

Posts by simonee

Dd made that when she was 3, she's 14 now. I was here a lot with the young kids but left during the UAV wars... Funny, it almost seems there's a reason I went to check in today and see this thread. I remember many of you so very fondly! It feels a bit like visiting your hometown after years away, all the townspeople including your gradeschool BFFs... Like any hometown, I was formed here as a mother. We still TCS to some extent. Piglet, the thread was called Call me...
We have a simple rule in our house: this is a non hitting house.      Most people that ever are here, can recite this. Even the 2 year old neighborhood kids that walk in and out. And it's obvious how the simplicity makes everything clear to them. We'll explain when asked, and we've been asked too often if it also means 'no spanking' :(   We hit nothing that lives. We don't hit friends. We don't hit siblings. We don't hit parents. We don't hit children. We don't...
One word: Enjoy     This is going to be a time of your life you'll always remember. A time you will always talk to your child about and they'll want to know about. Sling or stroller, breast or bottle, crib or queen - what matters is what works and what enables you to enjoy this special time in all your lives. The choices that are agonizing now and might cause you mama guilt for a few years, will be water under the bridge 10 years from now and onward. The looks of...
         She looks just like you! And tall is great, take it from me ;)  
Also, Adina? How can Birgit be 5? 
I just read it now! The endless circle and the poor dead horse remind me of  "I tried nothing and nothing works!"  and then everybody says "Hugs mama HTH!" ;)   TWWS's reputation once again is so very different from what the site is about. I've been a very long-time member here and have been at TWWS from the early days as well, though I'm not very active at either. I joined MDC for the community and stayed for the snark. I joined TWWS for the snark and stayed for...
Lauren, I read the whole thread. I even did a rather extensive search for other posts and threads by the OP (and even though I wanted to bring them up, I didn't because I didn't want to be a UAV). To me the food issues seem to be intertwined very closely with the adoption-related concerns. I get the strong impression that food is more important to the OP's daughter than the OP considers ideal, and I tried to tie it to potential issues the girl may have had before (or as?)...
Dear OP, the title of this thread is about you, not your daughter. She's too young to be food-obsessed in any other way than seeking sustenance. Please let her eat her little heart out. Even if her BMI gets above whatever stats you know, even if you feel her tummy sticks out, even if you feel she's chubbier than your own (culturally defined) standards would consider ideal. For whatever reason, she needs the comfort of knowing there is always more food than she would be...
First: I think any shade of red (or purple!)  would look great on her!   My DD is 11 and is thinking about body mod a lot, but doesn't want any at this point. But we've talked about it a lot (she did a presentation on the topic in class, where she decided a labret was not her thing :) ).    I told her I would make the medical-side decisions until I believe she can take those herself, whichever age that is. Once she's 16 (here in the Netherlands) I have no legal...
How about giving consensus a try?   As in, "You live in this house and want to play games all day. I live in this house and want games to be played for just a little while. So let's find out how long we can play games and we both like it. How about 2 hours, 1 hour together (games we both like, i.e. mostly Pokemon in our case) and one hour for you? Or both hours for the games we both like, and we play together (*my kids will always chose this option, and my experience...