or Connect

Posts by LionTigerBear

OMG, what an apt analogy. I love this.  :]
Hey everyone, thank you for the support and advice! I am working on polishing up my resumé today as I saw a job posting that looks really promising to me!    I am also trying to promote my astrology services. I thought you guys might have more ideas for how I could get the word out. Is there an appropriate forum here on MDC? I added a donation button on my blog, too. And an unabashed plea for help. any ideas for ways to promote this business would be appreciated. I...
Thank you, Alenushka. I think college classes will be a good option. I hope they have child care available on campus, I don't know. I'll have to find out. I would like to go into nursing but my grades aren't good enough yet. I'll have to see what my options are. Maybe I could just retake all of the classes I did poorly in. I was taking online classes before but I found it hard to study when the kids were always here and they were younger then. It'll be at least a little...
Thank goodness I have a friend who is familiar with divorce and custody in this county, and she's going to come over today and walk me through some links and things. What a relief. It's so overwhelming starting out!
Thank you, *MamaJen*. I just feel bad spending money on a lawyer. There isn't a lot of money yet, although he will be making a lot of money in the future. I don't even know how I would travel to see the lawyer. Ugh. I'm just complaining now, I guess I would have to take the bus. I don't know this city very well and it makes me anxious.     Calling a shelter for ideas/resources is a good idea. Thank you.
Thank you for your reply!   The older kids are already signed up for public school. The 3yo is too young.   If I get a job I won't be able to make much money, and I would rather not have my 3yo in childcare all day. of course I'll do what I have to do but I want to choose the best option for me and my kids. I thought of taking college classes and getting financial aid, but I don't know if that's the smartest choice. (I have about two years of general college...
I relate to this post so much. I am the child of a narcissist and now I am realizing STBX is probably a narcissist, too. At least he's very narcissistic. Just wanted to send you some support.  :(
So my husband and I decided to divorce in April. We couldn't legally file until this month, because in our county you have to have established residency for at least 6 months to file for divorce here, and we just moved here in January.   So now I could file, if I had any money. He said he might give me the money this Friday, or if it's not convenient then at the end of the month.   The thing is, he controls all of the money. I have been putting a lot of time and...
I believe that at least two of my children have been able to see spirits as babies and toddlers. My oldest son and my younger daughter even talked about it. Definitely honor your daughter's gut instinct about brother-in-law.  :)
I missed MDC!!! I haven't posted here in over a year. I had a lot going on. DH quit/lost his job and I started taking college classes and we started a bus conversion project and moved across the country from New Hampshire to California. Whew. Among other things.   But in all that busy busy-ness there was an emptiness that only MDC can fill (lol). MDC has a special place in my heart because I made so many friends here, and I have LEARNED so much here, that I really...