or Connect

Posts by EmilyS

So I seperated from my husband and we are almost divorced. He has always done the finances and taxes. I know I'm going to have to file myself this year. My question is, what should I be recording and saving now to use next year when I do the paperwork? I don't work, except for a small Etsy shop on the side. I stay at home with my two girls and homeschool them. I have been borrowing money from my parents until the custody case is set which is when I will start getting...
I never would have even thought about this as an issue before, but now that my daughter is learning to read, she sounds out everything. What a pain and so unnecessary to have to spell out to a child what someone's name tag says that is obviously so immature they need to let the public know.
First I wanted to say that I see what you describe in both my children right now. I notice it gets worse when we are in a family crisis or something is going on in their lives. They are trying to make sense of and gain control in their lives. I have found it good to do as quirkylayne says and just don't engage the argument. They need to know that they have control over some things and that they can be right sometimes too. I've noticed when I let my kids correct me...
I have toyed with this idea for a while. I love the idea of my girls, 5 and 7, having a set of clothes that they know are "school clothes" (even though we are homeschool). The problem is, i can't get them to wear anything but dress ups and odd bits and pieces they pick up around the house. Sometimes I think I should write a book about all the things you never knew you were getting yourself into when you gentle parent and follow your kids lead. I love that they are...
Just an idea, but since its summer, why not let him go diaperless for a day. Give him lots of water all day so he will be able to poop easily. Then Have him sit on the toilet with books and such whenever you can. Just a thought.
I just read this and I'm so bummed! I just recently started reading MDC again after quite a time away. I was so excited! I think I'll give it a few weeks to see what the vibe is. Sorry for your experience though!
This is really helpful, thank you!
Oh how i need this thread right now! I am a recently seperated single mom of two little girls with no steady income so I HAVE to stop spending. Credit cards are NO LONGER and option. Here is my intro:   Who you are?   My name is Emily and I have to stop spending money!! I have two small Etsy businesses that are generating a very small amount of cash, but I want to start paying my family back for all they have lent me and also paying off the two credit cards I...
Just moved here and looking for some new friends. I have two little girls, 7 and 5. Homeschool, natural lifestyle, attachement parenting, etc...
I am a single, divorced mom of two girls, 4 and 7. I would like to start the process of doing foster adoption. I'm wondering if it is allowed to take foster kids out of the county though. Currently I drive my girls 500 miles once a month to visit their dad for a couple days. In the summer, we go for 10 days a month. He has a history of domestic violence. I wouldn't let the foster child be around him, but would it be a problem to take the child out of the county that...