or Connect

Posts by DTmama1

Huge second for The Out of Sync Child and its companions. Explains the whys and gives practical suggestions!
One more vote for checking with education programs to find someone.    I got a nannying job just out of high school after being a cadet teacher in a special ed classroom (and graduating with a planned major of special ed). The woman running the career center at my high school referred me to a family from her church looking for summer help.
Preschool is usually much simpler when it comes to licensing in a lot of states. I would look into starting with that and expanding into daycare later on if you wanted. 
Andrea, it is so good to hear that you are doing better now and have found balance. I'm guilty of overloading myself to the point of breakdown at times as well. I'm glad you were able to find perspective and a solution that works for you and your family.
What about writing a letter ahead of time detailing your issues and concerns. Putting things down in writing, either for you to use as a cheat sheet to make sure you say everything you wanted to bring up, or just to hand to your doctor could be helpful. 
Just sending hugs to you and your family.
Trying to make some decisions on what to do next. I've been a stay at home parent for my kids and done childcare off and on through the years. I'm currently a fulltime student online. My son has a disability that makes going to daycare unsafe for him, but right now my ex has full custody and me visitation until we go back to court next. I had planned on applying for social security disability for myself for depression/anxiety after two suicide attempts this fall triggered...
Trying to make some decisions on what to do next. I've been a stay at home parent for my kids and done childcare off and on through the years. I'm currently a fulltime student online. My son has a disability that makes going to daycare unsafe for him, but right now my ex has full custody and me visitation until we go back to court next. I had planned on applying for social security disability for myself for depression/anxiety, and for my son for his disability, and mostly...
You could report the family to the department of child services anonymously and there are no risks of a defamation suit then. I would contact someone at the school who you know personally so that someone can be on the lookout for other alarming behaviors, since your call may not be enough for DCS to investigate. Defamation suits are only an issue if you are spreading untrue information. They could try to sue you, but wouldn't have a chance of winning unless it could be...
Try Googling "stages of art development in children" and similar.  http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~kbroom/Lectures/children.htm is one good link that I found.    I did a whole project on the stages of art in children a few years back when working on my Early Childhood Education degree, but I can't find the scanned version and the actual project is at my old house right now...