or Connect

Posts by Joyful Mama

so, since DS#2 came home from the NICU about a month ago, i'm officially a member of the tandem nursing club. DS#2 just turned two last month. i've nursed them together a couple of times, but to me, it seems uncomfortable for the kiddos. DS#1 usually only nurses at naptime and bedtime (though occasionally asks to at other times throughout the day), and for some reason DS#2 always wants to nurse at the same time! and the position i've tandemed in (football for both)...
i swaddle Asher (he came home at right around 5 lbs) and then put him in my babyhawk mei tai ... it works great, and the upright position is great for his reflux. i would never get anything done if it weren't for my mei tai.
there were a few rooms. there were a few care-by-parent rooms for right before you take the baby home, and a few bunk rooms for moms who were breastfeeding. the bunk rooms are much smaller, though, and since i was there for so long, they put me in a care-by-parent room (with a TV, my own washroom, etc) after a week in the bunk room. so the facilities were not too bad.
i'm putting this here and not in the vax forum because it's specifically for parents of preemies i hope that's okay... i'm wondering, from those of you who don't vax, if you had any big problems with your pediatrician or other doctors about not vaxing your preemie. i've been putting off having the argument (DS is supposed to get vaxes at the family doctor, but sees the pediatrician, who asked about it...i just said he hadn't had them, but didn't mention that we're...
oh my goodness! 21 weeks?!?! i can't even imagine... and oh my goodness about the 8.5 oz baby, too!
happy birthday to Maggie
hi, and welcome! how wonderful that your baby might be coming home soon! keep us posted your family sounds quite similar to mine...DS#1 is almost 2 and was born at 36 weeks. DS#2 is 2 months (today!) and was born at 30 weeks. i hope Mary stops bradying for you so that she can come home!
cher, evan looks great! what a cutie! things are going well here, too! Asher finally came home last Friday (so just about two weeks ago now). things have been pretty busy, but that's mostly because of my two-year-old!!! Asher was discharged at 5 lbs 1 oz and at his doctor appointment a week ago, weighed 5 lbs 4 oz. I am exclusively breastfeeding, and he is doing just awesome with it! (I'm very grateful, because it DS#1 - also preemie - and I about three months to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kundalini-Mama I found Aviva Jill Romm's Vaccine book to be a good easy read. : that book helped me understand a lot about vaxes. i'm a bad non-vaxer, too...it was initially a heart/gut (this is SO wrong) thing for me, and then i researched a lot on here and read a couple of books, and everything i read totally confirmed my feelings. i know SO much about vaccines from all of my research, but when i'm face-to-face...
DS#1 was born at 36 weeks and weighed 4 lbs 14 1/2 oz. I just checked his baby book, and at 2 months, he was 9 lbs 1 oz - so not far off from your little guy. DS is now just about two years old (i can hardly believe it!!!!), and is right on track developmentally, and even ahead for his age in language skills. he started crawling at 8 months, took his first steps at 11 months, and started walking all the time at about 13-14 months. he's still on the small side (he fits...