or Connect

Posts by perl

My sweet mom has offered to come out whenever and help us out. She is an absolute angel and will do everything that she can to make our lives easier. I suggested that she come now and stay through August but she wasn't digging it. I'm due 4/13 with #2. DS is 4 and DH will be able to take a week off of work to help out which will be GREAT. The only problem is that it is virtually impossible to try and guess when baby will come! 2 weeks early? 3 weeks late? ...
We've had some good results using a sander to smooth out the wood and then applying a wax/varnish combo. Even though some areas are uneven, you can't really tell unless you're inspecting very closely. Somehow we managed to approximate the stain and only treated the areas that were damaged/scratched. I'm not sure if this will work for you but it sure fixed a ton of baby gate, animal, and random scratches from a lot of doorways and baseboards in our house!
:
Sorry, I can't answer the question re. the bulbs! My definitive go-to source doesn't even mention them so I'm not sure how effective they actually are. Here's the link in case you'd like to check it out: http://www.psycheducation.org/depres...ghtTherapy.htm
A brilliant psychiatrist I once worked with said: swallow the liquid, not the pill. I think it's kind of a mind-over-matter thing but I've seen it work for quite a few people!
Samara is beautiful! And I'm used to pronouncing things as they'd sound in Spanish and this works out to be the pronunciation that you've intended. I've got to say that I don't like the "h" on the end - it reminds me of diarrhea : but I have no idea why...
I get migraines pretty regularly, usually tied to hormones. However the auras I rarely get are completely random and last about 30 min. They're kind of scary b/c I'm sort of "out of it" but they've strangely never led to a headache. If you don't want to use your expensive meds if you're not sure a headache is coming, you can always try some caffeine (coffee, coke, whatever) along with 800 mg ibuprofen (if you don't have any contraindications to these). This combo...
: I got a 141 - went in after a 2 hour fast. For breakfast I had a huge bowl of cereal, a big ol' mocha, and 3 clementines. Wonder why I "failed?" Grrrrr. I really, REALLY do not want to do that 3 hr GTT. Sounds like pure hell.
Wow - I'd say if your insurance is going to pay for it and family is supportive then go for it! It would be a great opportunity to take some concentrated time for yourself to learn and grow. I've worked at a day program in the past and the schedule included several groups like coping skills, relapse prevention, symptom management, medications, etc. These are usually led by a social worker or nurse. We also did weekly individual therapy (or more often if the client...
I know there are several threads here about the different neighborhoods, schools, etc - a quick search will probably pull up a ton of info. Basically, it's a pretty small town with no really "bad" areas. Very family-friendly and a great place to raise kids. There's also a bilingual immersion program at Garfield Elementary (that's supposed to be really good) if this factors into your decision (as a boricuaqueen!). I know several people who are pre-vet and/or just...