or Connect

Posts by QueeTheBean

Thanks for the replies.  I guess I was wondering if the doctors were blowing things out of proportion, or trying to "cover themselves" and recommending things that weren't necessary.  I don't have a great history with the medical profession.  :(   Hmmmm.  I probably will talk to the breast surgeon that my GP suggested to see if she thinks the biopsy is necessary.   Thanks again. It is nice to get advice here!
I am in my early 40s and have never had any problems with mamograms until now.   1.  I was overdue by 2 years, but finally went in Feb. 2.  1st mamo "showed something" on left breast, probably nothing to worry about, but they wanted a re-do mamo. 3.  2nd mamo showed what they thought were cysts, probably nothing to worry about, but they wanted me to get an ultrasound. 4.  Ultrasound showed what they thought were several cysts, probably nothing to worry about,...
Quote: Originally Posted by m9m9m9 What I liked about this thread is the great information shared about attachment and attachment issues.. what I greatly disklike is the feigned concerned of the OP - sorry but I read this and immediately thought she was looking for answers like "yeah those parents suck!" Come on, a vague family member, living 1000+ miles away that she rarely sees, etc and so forth... I rarely reply to things like this, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by ladyofmoonlight Good luck to you and your family. Hopefully that little guy will be able to heal properly and soon he'll be thriving. Also, another adoptive parent recently told me to expect that a child will double their age before they bond, so my son adopted at age 2 needed to reach 4 before he truly bonded (sounds about right), and it held true for her kids as well. If this is the case, that little boy will be 7 by the...
Quote: Originally Posted by RedOakMomma I don't think so. I opened the site, then copied directly from the navigation bar. Hm...maybe try just the plain http://a4everfamily.org and go from there? Or search google for "a4everfamily.org"? OK--it worked today. Very interesting. I truly had no idea about any of this, and will have a different attitude next time I am in conact with this family. Thanks again to everyone for all of this information.
Quote: Originally Posted by RedOakMomma This site might really help you understand the scope of what it's like: http://a4everfamily.org/index.php Information for family and friends of adoptive families: http://a4everfamily.org/index.php?op...d=30&Itemid=90 Dos and don't for friends and families: http://a4everfamily.org/index.php?op...d=93&Itemid=90 I'd like to look at this site, but cannot get the site to open. Is there a new website link?
Thanks so much for all of this great information. I realize how judgmental my posts sound, and I beg for your understanding--first of all, because it is hard to express myself here as easily as it would be in person, and secondly, because I fully admit my complete and total ignorance on this topic. I came here to educate myself a little better. The family lives 1,000 mile away and we just spent a week's vacation together. Despite all the reasons and explanations...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerchild Well, as an adoptee rejected by her AParents, I personally don't think a child (esp. an adopted one) can avoid being emotionally injured by being rejected while still having to endure people bleating about how they were "chosen." Personally, I think you call them on it--without inserting your own (not totally informed in all likelihood) judgements. For example, saying "You know, I don't know how to tell you this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sierra Same here. Also, a year in the grand scheme of things may just not be enough time. Bonding with older kids is often a long process. I am hoping this, too. It certainly seems reasonable.
Yes--to clarify, at the risk of identifying myself , they adopted their 6-year old daughter as an infant. They adopted their 4-1/2 year old son as a 3-1/2 year old. I am hoping that it is exactly as some of you have described--that there is more going on than I know. They have been pretty open about it, actually, but even what they say seems normal to me. "We tell him not to touch the stove, and he touches it . . ." That, while frustrating, seems like fairly normal...