or Connect

Posts by jennygoat

It is a question of when someone says "so what do you do ?" I say " I am a mom" or "I stay at home" or " I work part time for a farm and sometimes travel to help a non-profit organization and help my DH with his business and the rest of the time which is realy most of the time I am at home, home schooling my daughter" after which I am out of breath and the person asking is running away. " I understand that we all work different hours and different jobs for...
I think I am going to say I am a full time mom. Staying at home is not my goal. My child and my family is my priority.
thank you for your comments. I initially just blew off the comment that I was not a SAH. Then I start to think about where would I draw the line in how many hours working I am willing to spend? What does it to be SAH, do I want to SAH? I want to stay home with my family but am frequently tempted to do just a little more so we have a little more money that week. Or they at work NEED extra help over the holidays or whatever. It is nice to know someone values me being...
I am home all day 4 days a week. 2 days a week I work for a paycheck about 5 hours a day. DD (4) stays with DH one day and with my parents the other day. Most Sunday afternoons I work with DH in his shop while his parents have DD. I travel maybe 10 weekends of the year for a nonprofit organization. Sometimes DD and DH come too, sometimes not. I homeschool DD. DD has never been left alone with someone other than grandparents or DH. I call myself a stay at home mom...
I would try to send it to you, might not get it done before your son outgrows it. I carry emergency clothes for my self and DD in the car and in my bag on a trip. All of these are thift store cheepies. If I give it to you I realy don't care if I get it back. Balances out my karma. I have given cloths to all kinds of people, big and little. Just had to give cloths to my niece at new years 'cause she tickled DD so hard that DD peed on her! (I did get those back though)
Every day for hours. Probably at least two even in bad weather. Sometimes more the worse the weather is. I have goats that I milk, chickens and a pony. The colder and snowier it is the more hassle doing chores. If it is really cold and blowy I get as much done as I can until I freeze, come in, warm up and do it again. We live in Michigan so it does get cold. As for the parts of being out when I don't have to be. I try to go out at least once a day with DD...
My DD is doing the same. When she was just starting to talk she did not pronounce the T in water, kind of said wa-er. So we told her "there is a t in water'. Helping her pronounce the sound it - not spell it. One day when she was about 2.5 I handed her a cup of water and she took a plastic fridge magnet shapped like a T - put it in the water and said 'There is a T in water" and started laughing. I was completely amazed because I had barely introduced the concept of...
The few people who will be getting gifts from me will get: My home made goat cheese, Home made jam, a bottle of wine if appropriate, some home made cookies. A niece is getting a felting craft kit I put together just because I know she will like and use it. My mom will get a spa massage of her choice that I bartered for. Almost everyone I gift to has way more money than me so buying them stuff just doesn't feel logical. I mean if they wanted anything in my price...
Both of my daughters grandmothers and her great aunt are recently retired school teachers. From different districts. Elemetary and high school. They all 3 say if they had children today they would home school or find a private school. My DH was talking to a local 2nd grade teacher yesterday and he was not complementary of the school system. Said he wouldn't want his kids going there. I am blessed to be surrounded by support for HS. That said, when someone asks why...
Can he eat first and then dress at the last minute as he does anyway? obviously food is not a motivator. Maybe he is not hungry first thing in the morning. I don't think well fed kids are starving the minute they wake up. Can you send toast with peanut butter with him on the bus? Maybe one of those little oranges that are real easy to peal? An apple, banana? My 4 year old functions better at getting dressed if I break it down. Put your socks on. Put your pants...