or Connect

Posts by Steve's Wife

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I birthed my son with anencephaly in August. We were going through a birth center at the time. I was 14 weeks at diagnosis, though. We went back an forth and birth center versus hospital. Legal homebirths are nearly impossible in Maryland. We ended up going with the hospital for a variety of reasons but there was no particular reason why a birth center birth wouldn't have worked as well. They were prepared in either case. You'll...
http://www.altbirthchoices.com/about_biographies.html There's Evelyn and one other, I can't remember her name. We delivered at Soecial Beginnings in 2008 and probably will again this summer. I am sort of exploring homebirth but I'm always concerned that with the two midwives doing a huge area they won't make it, and I have a history a severe PPH.
Well, we're a little younger than your's, my daughter is 20 months. She's been crawling since November. Her therapists think she might walk by 2, but really, no one can be sure. I would probably not be wanting a wheelchair so early either. Maclaren makes strollers that go to 55 pounds, so I would rather use one of those. In fact, I'm in the market for one because I know we'll get a lot more use out of it than would a typical 2 or 3 year old. I fully expect her to be in...
My 4 year old is starting an antibiotic cycle for a UTI. Is kefir sufficient as a probiotic during abx, or should I include a supplement? How much kefir, is maybe 4-6 ounces per day OK?
We go to Chesapeake Pediatric Dental in Perry Hall. They were great with my girls. They do subscribe to nursing = cavities, FYI.
I had a nasty headache yesterday and was talking Motrin for that, but once the headache went away I didn't take anything else, and that's when the pain got a lot worse. I'm not bleeding really heavily. Like a normal period before I got pregnant, not like the first postpartum after DD1 - it was super, super heavy. Honestly my diet's not been that great lately. Too many sweets and not enough vegetables.
I am having my first postpartum period at 18 months postpartum. I had it at 17 months postpartum with DD1, and while I remember it being heavy (very heavy) I don't remember being in so much pain. I sit down and gasp. It feels like my insides are shifting when I sit, and it's quite uncomfortable. Walking up and down the stairs is painful; if feels like things are shifting and about to fall out. Cramps are better now that I'm on day 3, but the feeling that's left is very...
My 16 month old daughter has a partial duplication of her 13th chromosome (13q22.3) and a small partial deletion on her 2nd. We didn't really get a diagnosis until she was 7 months old, although I suspected for a long time before that something was not right, and we began the eval/diagnosis process at 6 months. She has a global developmental delay. She's been able to sit since about 11 months, and just recently started going from a laying down to a sitting...
Thanks for your response. I'd forgotten about my post because she's been feeling better, but tonight she's having another awful attack. She doesn't really eat soy, she was mainly eating fruits, veggies, and protein. She had a little yesterday after eating a bunch of banana chips, so I'm thinking the fried coconut contributed. Today she ate sweets at work at a birthday party, and she was really stressed after getting in a car accident. Does stress make IBS worse?
Starting about a year ago, my 52 year old mom would get horrible heartburn episodes. They would come on about once per month and last a full day; nothing would make them better but time. Then about 3-4 months ago they gained frequency, and now it's almost daily. At least twice per weeks she's kept up all night with horribly heartburn. She even went to the ER to make sure it wasn't actually her heart. EKG and other heart tests didn't reveal any problems. But the doctors...