or Connect

Posts by aprilbaby06

I feel for you. I can relate to your situation. I have seen this with my grandparents marriage. I wish that they wouldn't have stayed together. It seems that they both would have been happier with other people, but they always stayed in their lonely relationship. More lonely for my Grandmother than for my Grandfather, he was more out going and had a lot of friends where she was always at home alone. I know feel that I am headed in that same direction and feel powerless to...
When I quit I also used the Easy Way book by Jon Carr. I would have NEVER believed that a book could even help me to quit. It did and it made it easy. While reading the book it tells you that you have to keep smoking utill you finish reading the book. That was the hardest part. I was so ready to quit, I couldn't smoke anymore. It kinda works like hypnosis. I wouldn't say that I had no withdrawal, but it was way less than what I have ever experienced any other time I tried...
I had to send s and prayers after reading your post. Please update us about your situation.
Check with Charter schools. There is a charter school in our area (western NC) that has allowed homeschool students to play football.
OK here is the situation. It is taking longer than I had hoped to get the proper documentation to file with the state to start homeschooling. I have sent in a copy of my college transcript, but that was mailed back with the enrolement form saying that they needed a Diploma that has my name, date if graduation and the name of the instituition that I graduated from. I have my diploma and it does not have a date on it. I have had to mail away to the state board of ed. to get...
I am new to homeschooling and being so have found myself addicted to information on it. : I would like to subscribe to a magazine pretaining to homeschooling, but can't decide which one. Do you have a favorite? Why?
Wow Lillian thanks so much for the links. Your site has tons of hard to find info. I have only had a moment to look over it, but I will be spending some time reading on there this weekend. Jennifer, I do think that some of my parenting challenges with my Mom could be age related, but for the most part no. My Mother could make a living at being hateful and mean to people. She hates anyone or anything that is different than her. I left home when I was 15 to get away from...
Thank you so much for all the support. I nearly cried when I saw how many people responded to my post. I am used to my Mom being negative toward me. ( And everything else around her for that matter) I have talked to my DD many times in the past about not listening to what her Grandmother says. As far as keeping my DD away from her influence, this would help do that. Now she has to spend time with her while I am working. If I find a part time job or go back to college,...
OK... I am a little hurt right now. My dd is almost 13 and id 7th grade. She and I have been considering HS lately because she is so unhappy in PS. I have mentioned this to my mother and after I left the room she told dd that it was a bad idea because I wasnt smart enough to teach her what she needed to learn. I don't have a degree in teaching. She also told her that there was no way she would get into a good college if she did this. : I can't say that it is a surprise...
I can't wait till I get to post this. Only a few more weeks for us!