or Connect

Posts by CuriousLion

I had this happen and I really do think it's from spit up at least in my case. It's only in the exact places where spit-up would've been and the right shape. I stored my clothing for about 18 months when I couldn't get into them because of pregnancy and postpartum and had no stains. I stored some of DS's clothing from the "lots-o-spit-up age" for a couple months and there were stains. There weren't stains when I packed them. And I stored everything in the exact same type...
My midwife suggested taking acidophilus daily & rinsing with a solution of hydrogen peroxide & water after using the restroom. The HP works really well at making the itching stop. Worked for me!
Leave it alone or you'll end up bitter like her. I've seen it in my own family. My grandmother and stepmom went back and forth for years with things just like that. And if you talk to either one about the other they can complain about them for days. It's sad to see them so bitter and still fueding after 20+ years. But I know how you feel...my StepMIL is very condescending too. We're both dominant women and that's a problem. If I think about the things she says too much I...
As I was thinking about this more today I realized that I've seen the effects of this sort of thing from every angle myself. I'm my dad's least favorite child. But I am my grandmother's favorite grandchild. My dad hates my grandmother because he wasn't her favorite and so has been basically estranged from her for my entire life. And what have I learned from it all? It's nice to be the favorite. And it really hurts when you're not. : But what could I have done about it? I...
I found that I couldn't not push. It was an irresistable urge..."irresistable" being the operative word.
I've noticed that too. I have the craziest most vivid dreams around O. Last night I dreamed that DS learned to walk, except he was running instead of walking and I couldn't catch him! lol! It woke me up and I was wide awake and starving at 4am. Stuff like that just seems to happen around O. I wonder why. Eh..I get get generally weird around O. lol! Must be the hormones.
Has anyone dealt with issues of your children's grandparents playing favorites among the grandchildren? My FIL & StepMIL obviously favor all of the other grandchildren over DS. All of the other grandkids live out of state and we live 30 minutes away, yet the in-laws see the other grandkids more than DS. StepMIL talks about us behind our backs to her daughter. She has said that I trapped DH and DS was an accident, which isn't true. She has complained that we're keeping...
Well, I guess everyone is different! Ah there's just no way to predict it. Wish I could though. I was really surprised that DS is a redhead. When he was born the first thing anyone said was "Look at that strawberry blonde hair!" And I was like, "What?!" lol! As I said, there hadn't been a redhead born in the family for generations. It's amazing how it can skip so many generations. My grandmother thought that no one was ever going to get her red hair. But DS's hair is...
I'm just curious if anyone has had a baby with red hair and if they kept that color into later years. I mean, I was born with brown hair, it fell out and grew in blonde and then turned back to brown when I was 4, and now it's auburn. (And gray! hahaha) DS was born with strawberry blonde hair and now it's a bit darker at 9 months. But he has blonde eyebrows and brown lashes...so I'm confused. hahaha. There hasn't been a redhead born in the family since my grandmother and...
I've used many different combinations of inserts & fibers. Basically the point is that you only need bulk in the wet zone. You can put in one large insert or microfiber towel and then add as much as you need to the wet zone. You can use small inserts or fold large ones in half. We use one large insert and 2 small ones in the wet zone. Never had a leak. And we don't put wool over the pocket dipe. If you have enough absorbancy then the pul shouldn't leak.