or Connect

Posts by LunaMom

I know, that sounds like a tongue twister. Is this a typical 7 y.o. thing? My daughter was never one to fall apart easily, or cry easily, or make a mountain out of a molehill, but lately, the tiniest little problem can trigger a huge crying episode. In the past week, she has fallen apart over: - being told she can't have butter and sour cream on her baked potato, because she had thrown up an hour before; - being told that wearing a new spring outfit to school...
I know what I'd like to watch on Sundays - the second season of "Weeds." Are they ever going to bring that show back? I really liked it. Max annoys me too, but not nearly as much as Jenny. I'm so sick of her victim act, and I'm sick of her superior attitude, and the way she always tries to shock people just for kicks. I didn't expect Shane to do something so crappy. Of course I know she has committment issues, but I find it hard to swallow that she would be that...
Quote: Originally Posted by NYCVeg My big question from yesterday's episode: what the heck is going on with the Tina storyline. She's been with Henry for how long? Two weeks? (Bette was on a ten-day retreat; Dana died while she was away, no? So the funeral would only have been at most a few days later.) What single parent would allow/encourage his son to refer to a woman he'd been seeing for two weeks as family? And in next week's episode, Tina and Henry...
It really depends on the program. Our public school does not start pulling kids out for what they call the "Omega" program until grade 4. DD is in first grade and has been identified as "possibly gifted in one or more areas," whatever THAT means. I know she's bright. I know she's an advanced reader. I know she's exceptionally articulate and creative. But gifted? I don't know. I think a lot of kids are very bright but not necessarily gifted. I'd be curious to see...
How about making shields as a craft? You can cut the shapes out of oaktag, attach a strip to the back as a handle, and then offer whatever you want as decorations. I also do creative parties at home, and I like to just put a theme to classic games. You can play "pin the sword on the knight" just like pin the tail on the donkey. You can hide castle-themed trinkets around the house and have a scavenger hunt. For DD's fairy tale themed party, I made the scavenger hunt...
LOVE that show. LOVE it!!!!!!!!
Ebony, I guess when I said Shane deserves better, I was thinking that she has come so far in her ability to give and receive love, and I think Carmen is a twit. She's insensitive and self-centered. Shane certainly has done her share of bad stuff - sleeping with Sherry again was pretty lousy of her - but I'd like to see her really happy. You do have a good point about how the show might be disempowering, though. I never really saw it that way, but now that you point it...
Gabby DeVaux was a really bitchy ex of Alice's. Alice got suckered into dating her again in season 1, against the advice of her friends. It was a small role. I cried and cried over Dana. It was so awful the way she was alone when it happened. Poor Alice - it'll be even that much harder for her because she wasn't there. I loved Dana - she was my favorite character, and I'm really going to miss her. I really don't like Carmen anymore. Something about her bugs me,...
I agree with Amydidit - it seems as though moms of older kids don't even go to the Childhood Years forum because they grew frustrated with the lack of support from parents with similar aged children, so now posting about your six-to-ten-year-old in there feels like calling into an empty room: "Hello? Helllooooo??? Anybody there??????" Kristine, that is so funny - I associate the word "tween" with those Abercrombie things, too!!!!
DD likes Gorilla Munch, Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls, Peanut Butter Puffins, and Trader Joe's or Cascadian Farm Honey Nut O's.