or Connect

Posts by LunaMom

I agree that there's no reason for people to get nasty about the ones with little talent...John Stevens seems like one of the sweetest teenagers around, and I just feel sorry for him. I have this scenario in my head...he says he has spent a ton of time in his grandparents' house, right? So as a young child, he heard a lot of dean Martin and Frank Sinatra and so on, and he learned to imitate them and his grandparents thought it was adorable. He kept doing it to entertain...
Shelbean, your post does not offend me. I understand the type of situation you are naming, and no, this is not the same thing. I don't ask her for her advice, I don't complain and not change anything, she knows my dh and I have been in really good marriage counseling and that it is helping us. So it's not like I sit there and whine and complain about my marriage and sit on my ass and do nothing. I just let her know how things are going when she asks - out of what I...
Thanks, everyone... Just to respond a little more specifically, I understand that in some warped way this friend has convinced herself that she was "helping." The thing is, she claimed that she was not encouraging me to leave my husband and she thought it was the right thing to try to work it out for the sake of my child (not that I'm saying that she's correct, I'm just repeating what she told me)...so if that's really true, how exactly is it then helpful to try to...
Okay, someone please tell me if I'm crazy here...I wasn't sure where else to put this, as there is no "friendship" forum... A friend of mine who I've known for about five years has been listening to me talk about the ups and downs of my marriage quite a lot in the past few years, and yesterday she really went over the line in expressing her opinion. She knows that my dh and I have been working on repairing our marriage from a major fallout and that I'm very emotional...
Yep, it is terrible that people are so shocked by kids with good manners. I don't think my child is so special because she is polite and thoughtful of others - as far as I'm concerned, that's expected behavior. She learned it from watching her two polite, thoughtful parents! I'm glad that most of the people I associate with are raising their children to have manners, too, so we rarely come across rude kids. If we do, it's more out in public, with strangers. A...
Quote: Originally posted by Harper Someone else was telling me that they thought the outcome was racist. I said that last year a black man had won and they said that he had won over someone who everyone thought was gay and the homophobia lost out over the racism. Gosh. Don't know what I think about that.... Ugh. That's what I think.
I cannot imagine Rob NOT getting voted off if he doesn't win immunity. I mean, by now I think everyone is aware that he is in a position of power and if they don't get rid of him, they are all the biggest idiots EVER.
Quote: Originally posted by mimie I don't think it is a race thing so much as a niche thing... Diana is the peppy girl-next-door type. JS is the young teen male, and an old-fashioned crooner (so he appeals to two demographics). Jasmine is the Hawaiian, slightly exotic-type (not based on race so much as the flower behind the ear thing). George has his own style, and he's one of only two guys still in the competition. Latoya, Jennifer and Fantasia are all...
Uh-oh, if you're gonna use breastmilk, I'd try to not tell him what it is. I doubt that any 16 year old boy, even one who was nursed, would go for that... Hope he heals soon!
We chose my husband's sister and brother-in-law. They were our first choice because we wanted to pick family, and they are loving, intelligent people. Now they have their own child, who was born when DD was 3 1/2, and they are wonderful parents - gentle, kind, health-conscious, etc. If something were to happen to me and DH, they would continue to raise her with almost the identical values with which she is being raised now. As secondary guardians we chose my cousin...