or Connect

Posts by L&IsMama

Ok, here's the deal. I am considering adopting a 2 yr old German Shepherd, but need some advice 1st. The little bit of history on him is that he has been thru quite a few owners in his short life, and they suspect he has been abused as well. They know he was left abandoned tied to a tree with no food or water. He has been with nice people for a while now, though. One of my biggest concerns is the fact that Shepherds bond to their owners, and he has never really had that...
Hi! I am in Sarasota, north Sarasota, in the Whitfield Estates area near the airport. I have seen a few "for rent" signs around here, too. It's a nice area right here, not as pricey as right on the beach, yet you can walk to the bay, and Indian Beach is very close. Indian beach isn't really a beach like Siesta or Lido, it's kinda hard to describe, and there's no parking like the beaches, so it's pretty private and quiet. We are maybe 10 minutes, if that, from downtown,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jilian Yes, they diagnose it based on the rash and tick exposure risks. They cannot do blood work this early because it will not show up for a few more weeks. I was told in the medical world when they see the bullseye rash that has gotten worse and there is a risk of tick exposure they have to act fast. Left untreated lyme disease can lead to meningitis and/or heart swelling and arrythmia and eventually death. So they put...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jilian Yikes, get well soon everyone! What is it about the nice weather that it always makes us all sick?! A has lyme disease His dad took him camping this weekend and he came home with a bite that looked like a mosquito bite with irritation around it. The redness spread and it started looking like a target last night. Today I brought him in and he was DX's with Lyme and put on antibiotics. Does anyone have any info on...
I dont think we will make it down today. THe kids got a frog tent last night from Target and they said they are "hurr cats", and have moved in and will not come out now. : So, I am not going to bother the "hurr cats" right now.
Quote: Originally Posted by mjw2003 Yay T you're back! How's everything? Good, thanks! Thinking I will just toss the juveniles in the blue bus and head down there tomorrow and see everyone.
Hi mamas! Finally back online! Congrats again to all the preg. mamas!: We might head down to NP tomorrow, will see howmotivated I am to drive down there in the am, lol.
I am really at the end of my rope with ds2. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like nothing "works" for him. I can't seem to find a way to get through our days without yelling at him lately. Here's a breakdown of his most recent "serious offenses": He attacks his brother. Today, he clawed his brothers face, right by his eye, while I was trying to hurry and eat so that we could go to the park for the afternoon. He attacks me, he hits me, throws stuff at me,...
The Mean Kitty Song
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackray I like this. It's not safe around kids or work. But it makes me giggle.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmsOIjzQ1V8 THIS IS TOTALLY BAD!!! That's my warning. I heart Asylum Street Spankers!