or Connect

Posts by ColoradoMama

Where IS everybody??? I'm going to have to pull up the old tribe and message people!
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirky I just think a double standard like this is wrong. Either infant genital cutting is wrong, or it isn't. It doesn't matter about the degree of harm -- the mildest form of FGC takes less tissue than RIC as performed in this country. It doesn't matter if some children suffer more than others. It is a human rights violation, or it is a parental choice that's legit for whatever cultural reasons. I agree with this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter'sMummy thats smart, you know i was talking about intact care today and his wife went as far to correct me to say "you mean uncircumsized" i said well...intact.. she said "intact?....all these names" *sigh* but i was discussing the smegma and retraction, things like that and her nose just turned right up. She just said how unattractive a intact penis is, how gross it is that all that skin is hanging down, i said...
I can't even articulate how angry this all makes me. Thanks for all the links - I will come back and study them when I have a little more time.
Quote: Originally Posted by SAHDS FWIW, I was not impressed with Life of Pi, either. Good, not great. I just finshed The Book Thief and LOVED it! There are about 20 really good reads on my list (page 1), if anyone wants to check it out I have that one in my basement waiting for me! I tried it once, but just couldn't get into it. My friends keep saying - stick with it, once you get 50 pages or so into you'll be hooked. I haven't picked it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenifer76 Thanks, Cathe. Emotionally I am doing pretty well but the physical part is still hard. Just taking it easy in bed -- which does lend itself to lots of book reading. Take care of yourself. I am so sorry. I've been there and it just sucks.
Quote: Originally Posted by springbabes Same with Nicholas Sparks. I cannot comprehend Nicholas Sparks love. The man cannot write and the one book I read (book club again) felt so emotionally manipulative, Those are exactly the words I would use to describe The Notebook. The book I HATED that everyone I know loved was The Red Tent. There was absolutely nothing - not a single line of writing - in that book that wasn't awful, horrible,...
Quote: Originally Posted by kaliki_kila 71. The Stand by Stephen King 99% of the world's population gets wiped out by swine flu and everyone that's left gathers on the sides of good and evil. I read the uncut version and it started to drag towards the middle. It was very engrossing at first, but then I just wanted to be done. Nooooo! This was one of my favorite books of all time. Of course, in the middle of reading it, I had to have an...
That cracks me up Lissa - three of mine hadn't reached 20 lbs at a year! Congrats CookAMH! That's great news. I hope your move goes well. That sounds really scary jeliphish! Theresa is amazing and wonderful! She spent 8 hours at the water park today and was a complete angel. It has been such an amazing summer.
Quote: Originally Posted by CanBoo Serach for this: May 2009 MDC One of us will have to approve you. Thank you. I will.