or Connect

Posts by attachedmama2one

Hi. My son who is 18.5 mos had his DTaP shot Monday and has been having very runny stools (almost constant squirting), cramping, pain. Now that this is the 2nd time, I recall the same very runny stools after his last shot, Hib, af few mos ago. At the time I thought it was not related..guess I'm a slow learner. I've been in touch w/ a few knowledgeable friends who have asd children and use DAN doctors - they offered colustrum, probiotics, a telephone consult with a DAN...
Hi. I have had the flu now for the 6th day - very severe, in bed all day/night, I've been taking all the recommended tinctures,vitamins, etc in my Alternative Medicine Book but by Tues I was just getting worse so I did go to the Dr. I did not have pneumonia and my EKG was normal..phew! They ended up giving my a shot of Torbil ? for the severe head pain and now I have 800mg Ibubufrophon Sp..sorry so tired..which does take the pain away but requires me to be in bed. I'm...
I too have had sinus infection for the past few days and now I think I have the flu. I'm very miserable. I've been following an Alternative Remedies Book which offers: neti pot ( I just use a coffee cup, 2/day, this really helps!), hot washcloth to face for 60 secs followed by cool for 30 secs. extra vit c (my m/w told me it was okay to do the higher dose for a week, I believe?), inhaling euculyptus in hot water, increasing your fluid consumption to 75% of your body...
I am trying to weigh the risk/reward and eliminate the vacinnations that don't offer much protection and/or the disease is not serious. My main concern is that they do not contain mercury (and now I need to look into the whole aluminum issue...ah) and trying to spread them out (do one vaccine at a time). Jennifer
Hi. My first 2 children were all vaccinated on schedule except flu. After my 3rd child was born, my oldest (who was always 'high needs' or 'sprited' was formally dx as pdd-nos (on the autism spectrum). I began reading a lot more and hanging out on several autism groups. At my 3rd child's 15 mos appt I only did the vaccination that was guaranteed thimersol free and was a single vaccination - Hib. He is 17 mos and it's been more than 2mos since his last vaccination and...
HI - I've bee - cloth diapering for over 5.5 years with 3 children and I've never had this problem. We use fuzzi bunz with hemp inserts only. I prewash on cold, wash on hot with very little detergent (same kind/nothing changed there) and do another rinse. My 17 mos old has had a constant very irritated and red penis - the doctor thought he may have yeast issues so we have used some of the cream but unless I put him in disposables it does not go away entirely. I just...
Thank you for all of the asthma information...Wow! I always get the BEST information from this site..so thanks everyone! I had never even thought about the humidifier making things worse and the sheets...I had let that slack too. I do have cases on everything from when my middle child was having some nasal issues and I suspected allergies...luckily she outgrew it. I have to give a plug for Sambucula...I took one 2tsp dose tonight and my little spastic cough is...
My son has always been a bit different from birth too. I completely limited his tv, especially the first 2 years. He never watched any of the 'baby' videos when all of his playgroup friends were addicted and the mom's too to the time they gained! I do try to limit his tv more and more now because he has a tendency to be obsessive - if he watches one show, he wants 3 more, if he eats out 1 night, he wants to do it the next and so forth. He gets stuck in routines and is...
Thanks..I'll check out that thread. I actually run a cool mist vaporizer nightly, and clean it well every other day, to act a white noise machine. He used to eat the vit c tablets but now he won't. I'll be sure to up my quantity of all the good stuff too...I had forgotten all about that until yesterday...duh! The View show, of all places, actually had a homeopathic segment the other day...It had some suggestions for immunity and colds...Of course, now I can't remember...
Hi. Ds is 14mos and seems to always catch whatever is going around a tad worse and it stays a bit longer. He is bf'd, eats solid and is a bit low in iron so he takes the Floridix. He has had a cough on and off for 6 wks but no fever and in a good mood so I've put off taking him in. 2 times last week he did not sleep well and we co sleep so I know exactly how much he woke up. I wake up at the slightest noise. Last night he slept horrid again so I did take him in...