or Connect

Posts by soybeansmama

We have a wooden one and LOVE IT!!! My 5 year old uses it more than my almost 2 year old, but we were really pleased with how much use and enjoyment it is getting.
when my son is caught up in his rage I find that it works best to stay calm (which is my biggest challenge at the moment) and try not to engage in a yelling battle with him. he is more receptive for a discussion afterward. I remove him and put him in his room while I hold the doorknob because most of the time he tries to escape. sometimes he throws things at the door. sometimes he yells "I hate you" and "you're stupid" I explain that he cannot be around us if he is...
I hope its normal because I have days like this...especially 2 days or so before my period. The rage I feel at times is not just related to what my kids are up to but other things that I am dealing with personally. I find that I don't have a lot of tolerance or a clear head when I am contending with a lot of other stresses. I also understand the guilt. I commiserate...
My newly 5 year old does this too. for a long time everyone was "poo poo diaper baby" followed by hysterical laughing. his new annoying habit is chonking his food with his mouth open.: I would take poopoo diaper baby over smacky food sounds anyday...
This sounds way too familiar...in fact, my first post ever at MDC was this problem. Sawyer was 14 months when it started and it was resolved a little after his 2nd bday. Hang in there, it does get better. Some things we tried: Fiber bears--they are like gummy bear vitamins http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...jsp?id=YB-1004 Flax seed oil glycerin suppositories when it had gone beyond 3 days lots of water and prune juice! After a while he had enough...
Quote: Originally Posted by ewe+lamb I started my dd with yoga - it's been the best thing we ever did, she really knows when she's stressed and can go and help herself relax - use the breathing, relax her body, this works for any stressful situations new visitors/bad dreams/changes in routine etc. and may help your dd realise her need for some time to herself to gather her emotions. Now dd teaches ds the yoga and the pair of them have a real...
Quote: Originally Posted by OMama DD is 4 and still *screams* at me from the toilet too "Mommy, come wipe my butt!" I am encouraging her to do it herself -- and she CAN do it -- but it is a total attention thing. I don't think she is actually freaked out by poop, it is more that she wants to interaction with me. I could very much relate to the OP. It is a whole new ball game with two. It is *impossible* to meet the needs of both all the time. And...
BTW, he did eventually try to do it himself...without any problems. He can wipe. He usually does things like this when I am trying to put the baby to sleep. Another example is getting himself out of the tub...he can do it, just refuses when I am caught up in taking care of the baby.
Quote: Originally Posted by chfriend I understand being tired of poop, but it seems like you are buying trouble by refusing to wipe a 4 year old for 45 minutes. They pretty much get it by 7, although there are often lapses, especially at school leading to rashes. It's hard having a lot of littles...I'm from a family of 6 kids born in 7.5 years. And butt wiping comes with the territory. I know...this isn't normal for me. I was trying to...
I just wanted to chime in here and say that we aren't big punishers/rewarders, BUT for potty learning a sticker chart worked. We allowed him to pick a sticker and stand on a chair to put it on the chart on his bedroom wall. It just made the process more positive and enjoyable for him...