or Connect

Posts by fibre_artist

Quote: Originally Posted by feest thanks for the help.....i had no idea scarfs were such a knitting death trap I'm not a newbie, and I decided to go with 'easy' presents last year, since I started late for the holiday season... ummm. Let's just say half the scarves turned into hats and half-finger gloves. Way easier! Now, try and tell that to DH! He occasionally brings up the want-to-knit, and it's always a scarf. He thinks it'll be...
Sigh. I wish I had joined up when I first heard about it - but the words "beta testing" and "invite" caused me to "wait until they opened up properly". I did finally put my name on the list once I got the system, but now I'm impatient!!!!!!
Aaaaaarrrrrggggggg. Had the same thing happen to me with Mariah (although I think that was a combination of (a) my gauge changing while knitting (I now check!! Once I get some weight on the needles, I loosen up ) (b) the yarn grroooooowwwwwing and (c) the photo wasn't quite as representative as I thought - seeing other's finished versions). It's still in the closet, and I still wear it around the house, with the sleeves rolled up about...
A new one! http://knitsnwovens.blogspot.com/
Quote: Originally Posted by MrsMiller I'm having a very grouchy/angry day today...I think I am PMSing but according to TCOYF I'm supposed to PMS after O and I haven't but I have a short luetal phase and it happens around this time every cycle...so I am all confused. I get hormone-induced symptoms around O, too - usually right after, but especially the cycles where it's delayed a bit, I definitely get grumpy a few days before! Typical symptoms:...
Well, I know nothing about curricula, but here's my take on it as someone who's most probably a logical learner . I think that most traditional methods of teaching are based on this (at least within a subject discipline). There's a syllabus at the beginning which lays out the lessons so that they each build on the other, and there's a 'storyline' to the learning. I like making timelines and flowcharts to show how everything is interrelated. Clean progressions from...
When I was 12 my parents found a flute in the local buy-and-sell newspaper for cheap, and they got one of the local high school music students to teach me once a week (her teacher thought it might help her focus ). When I was in university, on a work term, I rented a cello and took out sheet music from the library, and bought an electronic tuner - then I played each note and saw what note I actually hit on the tuner (since my ear has definitely not been trained...) -...
Sigh. I've missed a bunch of this thread again! I wanted to thank whomever suggested the book "Prayers For Healing: 365 Blessings, Poems, & Meditations from Around the World" - I'm enjoying it very much. UnschoolnMa - I hadn't checked out Care2 for several years - back then it was way too cluttered for me to be able to figure out! Looks a little better now...
Just wanted to say welcome to the wonderful world of sewing!!
It's been a while, and I've never used a serger for this, so take this advice for what it cost ya . I was told to get swimsuit elastic (beige, feels a little more cloth-like than the standard white poly stuff), because chlorine breaks down regular elastic (actually, it breaks down lycra too - I guess not so fast?). For stitching on a regular machine, I used a wide zig-zag, and definitely stretched as I sewed (leg and top seams, side seams maybe not?). I do have...