or Connect

Posts by bczmama

Right. Because there is nothing wrong with defrauding your fellow citizens.
"It's not so much money that I am looking for...heck it would COST us money for several years." Honestly I do think the "its costing us money" rationale is a bit of a myth if you look at your career over the long haul. When everything is added together (additional years of social security eligibility, 401(k) contribution, together with employer matching or pension plan, increased seniority & raises) for many, if not most people, those "temporary" costs are easily made...
New poster looking for advice! I am pregnant with our first child, and my husband wants me to be a SAHM. When he was growing up, his mother worked outside the home, and as a result, he has created a fantasy about what it would be like to have me at home (home-cooked meals all the time, a fresh vegetable garden, constant educational stimulation for the child, etc., etc.). However, I had a SAHM growing up and know that his fantasy is not reality. In fact -- I used to...
New poster looking for advice! I am pregnant with our first child, and my husband wants me to be a SAHM. When he was growing up, his mother worked outside the home, and as a result, he has created a fantasy about what it would be like to have me at home (home-cooked meals all the time, a fresh vegetable garden, constant educational stimulation for the child, etc., etc.). However, I had a SAHM growing up and know that his fantasy is not reality. In fact -- I used to...