or Connect

Posts by JuneMama

Wow, that is absolutely adorable! I love Kendell's work, she really does a fantastic job!
Also wanted to add, don't forget that the harness straps have to be at or above the shoulders when forward facing. Check your seat manual, most seats (Britax are reinforced on all slots) are only reinforced at the top slot for forward facing. I've checked a couple friends seats recently, and they all had their toddlers ff with the slots below their shoulders. This is a common error. Here are some great sites for you to get info on installing the seats. ...
I get the Lands End fleece jammies for my ds. I don't have a problem with polyester, and they keep him super warm. He also hated covers for a long while, but is now finally getting used to them. He'll even go so far as to fuss if I don't cover him with his blanket at nap time. Just keep trying, I'm sure your dd will get used to the covers at some point.
I love the pocket dipes because stuffing with a JoeyBunz makes it so trim! From all the different dipes I've tried this past year, you just can't get that trimness with anything else. They've also always worked so well for my ds.
For the past few weeks, I've been using my Baby SoftWraps Supersized AIO's. They've been working great! Edited to fix link.
My ds had colic for 5 mos and was and still is at 26.5 mos very high need. It is so hard to deal with non-stop crying! Here are some things that I wish had been around or I had known about when my ds was an infant! http://www.colichelp.com/shop/swaddlingblanket.html http://www.babybellyboutique.com/Fussbuster.htm I've heard chiro can do wonders with colicky infants. My ds was just getting out of the colic stage when I heard about it, so never tried it. I wish...
Quote: Originally posted by momdotcom If a child is openly screaming every time he/she is made to ride in a car, it is torture to force him to stay rear-facing when past the legal limit for age and weight. I cannot imagine a loving parent making their child scream (not talking about occasional whimpering and crying in the car; I'm talking about kids who actually hate and despise riding in the car backwards) for such a minor "risk". Absolutely, any decent...
Quote: Originally posted by Heavenly I can not stand to put her through that torture and think that doing that is worse than the slight risk of an accident in the next two months. That said I think I'll be turning her. My instincts as a mother say that it is more damaging to her soul to have to scream like that than the potential risk. Thanks for all the input! I'm sorry, but I have to be quite frank here. I'm not trying to flame you or anyone,...
Quote: Originally posted by Cathi Yes, it happened to ours too. The ones I have are about a year old with the leg casings sewn down, pointy tabs. About 2 months ago 3 of my 6 started leaking when ds wore them. Those are probably the same ones I have if you got them a year ago or so. They're the pointy tab with leg casings sewn. I've already had to have about 4-5 of them restitched in the top back. I guess I'll contact MOE like Trish said...
I have always had great luck with BabySoft Wraps. They've never wicked or leaked with my super heavy wetter. Lately I've been using Megan's Super Sized SoftWraps for night and no leaks or wicking going on there either.